• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield: Bad Company

Looks cool for a console game (not meant as in: For being an xbox game and therefore clearly inferior to anything else it doesn't look half-bad; but meant as in: Looks like a cool game that should feel right at home on a console).

Judging from the demo of that game and the video of this one I'd say I would prefer Enemy Territory to it though. That kind of gameplay looks more fitting in a sci-fi setting to me and the distinction between classes seems to be higher in ET too. Too bad ET doesn't run all that great on my machine.:eek:

As for BF:BC: It is to be hoped that they include a skirmish mode with bots in this one - possibly with the option to play it in split-screen, because BF:MC was pretty much trash if you wanted to play it offline.

Upvote 0
Looks cool for a console game (not meant as in: For being an xbox game and therefore clearly inferior to anything else it doesn't look half-bad; but meant as in: Looks like a cool game that should feel right at home on a console).

Judging from the demo of that game and the video of this one I'd say I would prefer Enemy Territory to it though. That kind of gameplay looks more fitting in a sci-fi setting to me and the distinction between classes seems to be higher in ET too. Too bad ET doesn't run all that great on my machine.:eek:

As for BF:BC: It is to be hoped that they include a skirmish mode with bots in this one - possibly with the option to play it in split-screen, because BF:MC was pretty much trash if you wanted to play it offline.
I hope they use a few elements of it in BF3 too, meaning the style(Imo they did a good job capturing the eastern europe/jugoslawia feeling) and the big weapons(I don't know why but I just love it when weapons take rather much space of the screen like in MoHA or DoD:S). Btw. as for offline gaming there'll actually be a singleplayer campaign in case you didn't know(like a real one not a fake bf2-like one) :)

Upvote 0
the big weapons(I don't know why but I just love it when weapons take rather much space of the screen like in MoHA or DoD:S).
Haha, me too. :)

Btw. as for offline gaming there'll actually be a singleplayer campaign in case you didn't know(like a real one not a fake bf2-like one) :)
Your word in god's ear. They said the same about BF:MC and I mean, look at it. That's not something I deem worth playing at all though it's probably quite nice in multiplayer.

Upvote 0
Been keeping tabs on this game since I heard "90% destructive environments".

It looks absolutely brilliant, will play more than likely extremely well, and considering the lack of modes comparatively to other games, should be decently balanced. Sure, it'd do way better as a PC shooter, but by all means, I'm going to enjoy playing it on my 360.

Upvote 0
I still see the "floaty" way of movements that ruin the Battlefield games for me. Too bad it's not coming out for PC though, the destructable environments could make for some great mods:(

I give props to the devs though for choosing the right approach: Ask yourself what the players really still miss in these types of games. Not like UT which just gets a facelift every few years.

Upvote 0
hey hey, wakeup call here: *GOD SPEAKING* this is the battlefield line, wait till after it comes out, and watch all the poor suckers who bought it whine about all the bugs, then dont buy it! and if im wrong, buy it then.

it seems like without fail, the battlefield monster always eats people up with this "ooohhh it looks sooo nice" lie and blamo they buy it and find out it would look nice if it dident crash and there wasent some twat whoring some glitch / bug,oh yeah and good luck praying for patches; i think even the athiests would agree its more likely God exists as the Bible states then there is for a Good battlefield game thats relatively bugless being released.

Betafield Badcompany, coming to stores sometime around EA's next big bathroom break.

Upvote 0
You know, I never had any problems with Battlefield. No crashing, no lockups, no lagging, nothing. Other than the first few goes at it with dual core, it runs just fine for me. I guess I'm just lucky, but I though BF2 was pretty darn fun (nothing for realism, but thats why I look to WWII:OL or OFP/AA for my fix of that).

I'm actually kinda looking forward to BF3, just for a good old round of "OH SHI-" running around and shooting things.

Upvote 0
Well, I'm not a one trick pony :D.

I have my flight simulators (Il2, Lock on etc.) and my realism (WWII: OL, OFP/AA, RO etc.), my semi-realsim (INS etc.), my Strategy/tactical (Combat Missions, Suddens strike, TOW, CoH, E5 Brigade etc.) and the other genre's.

For what it is, I think BF3 will be one hell of time. Do I hope they'll come out with something like a simulator (realism), yea. Do I think it'll happen, absolutely not. I depend on the other, more grassroot developers for those games that really hit those "spots".

Upvote 0
I had a key for the closed beta on xbox 360. I thought the game was pretty fun but the weapons were way too weak in my opinion. For example, one shot to the upper torso with an M107 doesn't always kill a person. Once I got used to it, it wasn't as annoying but you'll definitely have moments where you say, "dammit, I should've killed that guy!" Despite this, weapons are very well balanced. Shotguns completely own in house-to-house combat, assault rifles and MGs rule medium ranges, and snipers are best at long range.

The destructible buildings are pretty cool at the beginning, but it gets annoying after a while. Especially in capture zones where there seem to be artillery strikes every ten seconds. It kind of grows on you (again) after a while though because it forces you to find better, more unique hiding spots.

Overall I thought the game was good. It's not good enough to pick up on the release day in my opinion, but if I see it for like $40 USD in the future I'll buy it. My opinion may change when the demo releases however. The story looks interesting and I want to see where DICE goes with it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well, from the little bit of BF:MC for the xbox 360 that I played, and the BF2 I played, I believe that the weapons are weaker on the console versions of Battlefield. I never seemed to have a problem killing people in BF2 (more than realistic, but not weak), whereas BF:MC was almost always an entire magazine.

Hopefully it still holds true going from BF:BC to BF3.

Upvote 0