• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Snipers on HC rush mode ruin the game doesn't matter what side, attackers or defenders. They just camp in some corner of the map and never do anything but rack up their kills. Screws over the people actually trying to win the map. Maybe I should give normal a try, all I play is HC.

Try it. Trust me dude, it's a big difference.

Upvote 0
In my experience HC in this game is a load of bollocks, the only guns which become utterly deadly are the sniper rifles. With all other weapons it still takes an absurd amount of fire to kill someone. The only difference is instead of it taking 20 hits to the chest with to with an assault rifle, it now takes 17 :eek:

It results in 99% of HC games just being a server full of camping douchebags with 1 hit kill death rods covering every molecule of open ground, which you cannot avoid crossing as there's very sparse cover. The instant you show your supple flesh you have a hand full of these guys targeting you, and with those odds you are going to die a lot of the time, even if they do suck at aiming. You even get guys with something stuck on their screen for a crosshair running around 1 shot killing from the hip with the GOL sniper. You can literally be face to face hitting them with fire from your AR but they fire once... BANG you're dead!

This is an accurate description of the gameplay in every HC server I've been to, maybe it's just Aussie players being bastards, I don't know, but it's the reason I don't play HC at all any more.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately I haven't been able to play for a couple weeks. The game just keeps telling me,
(unable to log in, please try again later)

I asked for help on the BBC2 forums but I got only one response from almost 100 views.
Maybe somebody here could point me in the right direction.
I hadn't fiddled around with anything either. The game was working just fine and then one day it wasn't.

As much as I would like to participate in this conversation I still have the same original problem.
My second Steam support ticket referred me to EA and I've yet to get a response from them either.
I'm not trying to hijack the thread but I'm desperate. It's been days and days since I've been able to log in and play and I can't seem to get any help from a few threads and posts either. Feels like I've somehow fallen through the cracks.

Upvote 0
Try 3.

I doubt our group of 5 gets extremely lucky with every server we play on in HC. I thought you RO guys were tougher than this. What a bunch of babies lol.

I'm sure things would be different if there were leaning or the ability to lay prone.

BC2 isn't a game that should be played with two-hit deaths. Too much open space to run through.

Upvote 0
They just keep delaying the patch and pissing me off. Looks like it's going to be delayed for the fourth time, which makes it a month after being announced as "in a few days".

Looks like this is going to be an abandonware for DICE as I'm sure all of them are now working on MOH multiplayer and left 1-2 guys to patch BC2. So BC2 is pretty much a commercial beta-test for MOH and BF3 (at least for pc).

It's still fun though :eek:

Upvote 0
Try 3.

I doubt our group of 5 gets extremely lucky with every server we play on in HC. I thought you RO guys were tougher than this. What a bunch of babies lol.
I know i thought almost everyone here would want to play HC. I know normal feels to easy and usually end up with a 6 to 1 kd. Guess I like tough.

I burst for the upper chest and usually end in a head shot. I don't see to much of a problem with HC other then the unlimited classes. Ya snipers are annoying but like Kaner said if you flank them there easy to take out or I send a 40mill there way and blow them up. :p

Just tried the Squad DM for longer then 5 mins and its like a completely different game. A lot more tatics, snipers are worthless and has a very RO feel with L4D team raging at each other lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I played SQDM a few times and quickly grew tired of it. Basically the whole time I was getting hit in a direction I was not looking. Wasn't fun for me at all.
Only time I played it was before the patch and what I found was people either played medic with M60 and healed teammates like crazy, or they ran around spamming the CG.

I will admit though it is pretty fun to kill 90% of the enemy squad with one well place CG :D

Upvote 0