• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Everyone in here complains about this but it its never a problem for me. Just use cover and don't stand anywhere for too long.

Sometimes you have no choice to be in the open (spawning right in the middle of a hail of bullets and grenades) and in order to kill the 12 recon douches on the other team you need to expose yourself. Of course, killing a sniper with an assault rifle or CG can be quite hard so what happens is:

Spawn, get killed by sniper. Spawn, repeat. Spawn, try to kill sniper but fail because even a sniper hit to the little toe results in a one-shot-kill on HC. Repeat the entire process a couple of times more but eventually give up because it's no use.

Also, spotting (which hugely helps teamwork) is disabled in HC.

I don't see how anyone can enjoy this. I played HC exclusively for weeks until I tried Normal mode. The difference was huge. I stayed alive for much longer, k/d doubled and I ranked much faster. The game became much more fun to me. By then SiC almost caught up with me in rank, even though he bought the game weeks after I started playing. Now, I'm not a great BC2 player I'll give you that, but I'm not bad either... to me the problems with HC are obvious. Surely you at least notice the OP snipers?

Upvote 0
Surely you at least notice the OP snipers?

Lemur, Ender, Speirs, Sightburner and I exclusively play hardcore and we love it. Snipers should be deadly. My deaths from snipers aren't excessive and their stationary tactics usually leave far greater threats closer to home. Plus they are usually looking at a small area through their scopes and don't notice people flanking them. Even when I go head to head with them it's usually about a 50/50 chance because my AN-94 is very accurate long range and can output much more firepower while they are bolting for another shot. My only major complaint with them (which I notice far less than in the early playtimes with the game) is when a bunch of idiotic players choose to be assault snipers and sit on a hill when the rest of us are fighting for objectives.

Upvote 0
Lemur, Ender, Speirs, Sightburner and I exclusively play hardcore and we love it. Snipers should be deadly...

This is very true. I've played the normal mode several times and haven't made it through more than a few rounds. My K/D starts to go down in normal because I can't kill anything. In hardcore, I'm almost guaranteed to get 35+ kills every round.

I just don't see how someone could play a game where it takes 10 shots to kill someone when they have the option to make it two.

As for snipers, yes they do get annoying. I just switch to sniper myself, shoot them all, let the team advance. Or shoot a gustav in their face :)

Upvote 0
Well.... I guess I'm the only one here who sees the sniper problem then...

It's kinda annoying that you need half / an entire magazine to kill someone, true, but the **** you encounter on HC is much worse. Yes, snipers should be deadly but thanks to BF's unlimited class system it's common that you see them all over the place.

I do like to equip a sniper rifle with a red dot and act as an assault sniper, though.

To each his own.

Upvote 0
Well.... I guess I'm the only one here who sees the sniper problem then...

It's kinda annoying that you need half / an entire magazine to kill someone, true, but the **** you encounter on HC is much worse. Yes, snipers should be deadly but thanks to BF's unlimited class system it's common that you see them all over the place.

I do like to equip a sniper rifle with a red dot and act as an assault sniper, though.

To each his own.

Don't get me wrong, there are definitely too many snipers, just not enough to be a big problem in my opinion.

I would love a class limit though. Especially for engineers and snipers.

Upvote 0
Are you talking about normal or hardcore? I'm completely leveled up in the assault class and still use the base ak often and do fine in hardcore. I haven't noticed any M60 or sniper abuse for over a month either.

Yeah normal.

I thought hardcore was neat-o for a while until someone offed me with a shotgun slug from halfway across the map.

Pick your poison I suppose.

Upvote 0
I've never had any serious problems with snipers in HC. Sure you get killed by them sometimes but I play sniper myself just as often and do the same to other people(my main class is assault though). And I hardly ever got spawnraped either. Then again things may have changed though I doubt it, anyways I stopped playing 1 month ago due to lack of map variety.

Upvote 0
From my experience, the object in normal mode is three fold:

1) aim for the head.....everytime.
2) pull the trigger till they drop
3) reload

...repeat....

In normal mode if you're careful enough, you can get away from any situation alive. But it works both way so to make kills in normal mode you really have to earn it. Which usually involves lots of outsmarting in the way I play.

I think the "recipe" you described is much more suited to the hardcore mode.

Upvote 0
What Rak said.
In Normal mode you can get away from most situations, which helps the action (at least imo).
I cant stand hardcore mode. Weapons do become more deadly but the ways to survive in BC2 are too limited for 'more realistic play' (do note the ''.)
For example you cant lean, or go prone. With most people camping in most gamemodes, that means you run into a wall of fire because most of the time there isnt enough cover to advance more carefully, and after a while most of the cover is destroyed anyways.
You can get away with that in normal mode, but in hardcore mode it's just an exercise in frustration, because maps are small and dont allow much movement either, and you can't keep a low enough profile.

Realistic weapon damage is good, but only with enough means to keep out of harms way.
So right now, i stay away from all hardcore servers. For more realistic gunplay i'll play ArmA 2 or something.

Upvote 0
Oh, I agree.
I was just offering my off-handed observations to for those going from HC to normal. Once you realize its gonna take a lot of rounds to take someone down (including yourself), you've got to shoot alot, and move alot. And expect a lot of BS kills/deaths. You'll get them and you'll give them. Keep telling yourself....remember this is BFBC2 (Bull F'ing Bull Crap 2.0):p

HC on a generic public server in this game is just not for me. But I'll be the first to admit that I haven't really given it (Hard Core) much play time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0