• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Been playing this game today. Awful trash. A short list of the things that suck:

Weapons. Weak damage, inaccurate, and all feel the same.

Story is nonexistant. I still have no idea who I am fighting, nor who I work for. All I know is that I am in a mysterious ship that magically got stranded in some desert.

Horrible running and moving. Getting stuck on rocks is annoying.

Horrible boss sequences.

Horrible characters, with retarded dialogue.

Graphics which look like trash.

Horrible vehicles. Getting those rovers stuck in containers is no fun.

No mission briefings as to what you're supposed to do.

Annoying cut scenes every 5 minutes.

Enemies that spawn in your face.

How the hell can anyone like this bugged piece of trash? :confused:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Been playing this game today. Awful trash. A short list of the things that suck:

Weapons. Weak damage, inaccurate, and all feel the same.
Play on hardcore. Weapons are not inaccurate. Don't know where you got that. Many weapons for each class do feel somewhat similar I'll give you that.

Story is nonexistant. I still have no idea who I am fighting, nor who I work for. All I know is that I am in a mysterious ship that magically got stranded in some desert.
It's a mp game first and foremost, the sp is just an extra so who cares?

Horrible running and moving. Getting stuck on rocks is annoying.
Running and moving are one of my favorite aspects. You feel heavy, the sound effects are great, the animations are great, and everything is fluid. If you're getting caught on rocks where its a major problem something is wrong.

Horrible boss sequences.
Again, its a mp game.

Horrible characters, with retarded dialogue.
Mp game.

Graphics which look like trash.
Graphics, while admittedly not as good, look similar to crysis AND there is massively destructible environments. Just not true.

Horrible vehicles. Getting those rovers stuck in containers is no fun.
Nice mix of vehicles which aren't redundant and that, like the infantry movement, feel and sound great.

No mission briefings as to what you're supposed to do.
It's an action game, blow stuff up and kill enemies!

Annoying cut scenes every 5 minutes.
No.

Enemies that spawn in your face.
Not really. They pretty much are always plausible spawns that I've seen. Examples?

How the hell can anyone like this bugged piece of trash? :confused:
It's got incredible destructible environments, great maps, great graphics, it runs well, its got a nice teamwork system built in, and a nice level up system.

Sounds like you mostly or solely played sp. If so you need to play mp before you write it off. The game surprised the **** out of me for how good it is and is a worthy entry in the battlefield series and a great game while we wait for HOS. You're arguments are very sensationalistic which makes me think you're just hating to be different. If so you're missing out man.

Upvote 0
hah, if you think the the weapons are weak playing SP then stay away from the MP. And I hear the weapons were even weaker in the beta. Its really a joke - the sniper rifles only kill in one shot if its a head shot (even though snipers usually go for chest shots which are usually equally leathal). One is basically a scoped SMG, the VSS. And keep in mind the weak damage includes the .50 M95 sniper rifle, which only kills in one shot in the chest at close range. lol. However, hardcore is a different story - that VSS popgun is the best weapon to use in hardcore. Everyone snipes. It sucks...hardcore.

Upvote 0
MP is hell until you unlock the weapon "upgrades" and other things. You'll find it takes about 10-15 rounds to put someone down without them. The AEK in particular is notorious for eating ammo like crazy without the "magnum ammo" upgrade.

All I can say to help ease the initial pain would be to find something you can rake in the points with and stick to it for ranking's sake.

And be ready to fight a lot of medics with a lot of M60s and mouse 1 spamming.

Upvote 0
MP is hell until you unlock the weapon "upgrades" and other things. You'll find it takes about 10-15 rounds to put someone down without them. The AEK in particular is notorious for eating ammo like crazy without the "magnum ammo" upgrade.

All I can say to help ease the initial pain would be to find something you can rake in the points with and stick to it for ranking's sake.

And be ready to fight a lot of medics with a lot of M60s and mouse 1 spamming.

Are you talking about normal or hardcore? I'm completely leveled up in the assault class and still use the base ak often and do fine in hardcore. I haven't noticed any M60 or sniper abuse for over a month either.

Upvote 0
Maybe they should force you to play right through the SP to unlock the MP :p

Oh HELL no! I'd never buy another game. SP against AI is just so repetitious to me. You just keep working till you figure out its flaws or figure out where "it" wants you to go.....No thanks. I much prefer pitting my wits and spending my free time fighting against human intelligence, thank you very much...:cool:

Upvote 0