• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Usually smg's have higher ROF, which in turn kills people faster at point blank range. At least that's what I've seen in my games.

This has been my experience too. Even at medium range, me using like an M16 with Magnum Ammo.....I've had Engineers drop me with the UMP-45 long before I could tear through them with my three shot burst.

I almost use nothing but the UMP. I sacrifice a crap ton of kills at range, but it's my go to weapon at less than 50 feet, once my gustav has been fired. I figure, if you're sniping people as an engineer with a rifle instead of your launcher, you're doing it wrong :p

Upvote 0
I have a quick question.

I recently unlocked a shotgun and the PP-2000 when playing online. They popped up on my screen, just like all unlocks do. But I can't figure out how to equip them? I can not even find them under any class? :confused:

Also, in the main menu, it has been saying that my next unlock will be a motion sensor... I have to get 370 points to unlock it. But since that has been displayed, I've gotten over 10,000 points. Why are these things no longer unlocking?

Another reason I don't like unlock based gameplay, and tend to stay away from games with such features.

I also find the Uzi to be the best anti infantry weapon that I have so far. I get kills at range just as easily as the SCAR, but much quicker. Much more controllable than the AKS-74U. It seems like the SMGs are better than the rifles in this game, based on what other players use to.

Upvote 0
I have a quick question.

I recently unlocked a shotgun and the PP-2000 when playing online. They popped up on my screen, just like all unlocks do. But I can't figure out how to equip them? I can not even find them under any class? :confused:

Also, in the main menu, it has been saying that my next unlock will be a motion sensor... I have to get 370 points to unlock it. But since that has been displayed, I've gotten over 10,000 points. Why are these things no longer unlocking?

They are under every class, you just need to scroll down (how many weapons I missed that way...). About the unlock window, it just shows you which unlock is closest to achieving, but you have to play that specific class that has this weapon. So, the motion sensor for example will be unlocked when you will have scored 370 points as a sniper.

Upvote 0
They are under every class, you just need to scroll down (how many weapons I missed that way...). About the unlock window, it just shows you which unlock is closest to achieving, but you have to play that specific class that has this weapon. So, the motion sensor for example will be unlocked when you will have scored 370 points as a sniper.

Tried that, but was not able to scroll down and find them. I'll have to see if the show up next time I load it up.

It was a ranked server to.

Upvote 0
Have another issue now.

For whatever reason, most severs now display no ping, some are 999, and about 20 are normal and playable. I am running Vista in admin mode, and I have not added any firewalls or anti virus as of late.

I did change my router to a Netgear N600 WNDR 3400. I am guessing this is the issue. Anyone have this router and figure out how to make BFBC2 work on it?

Upvote 0
So what is the reason for the massive lag in this game? The server browser has servers way below 100 ping, I go in, everyone is above 100, no exceptions, ever. It feels like matchmaking on Xbox Live. I take cover, two seconds later I'm dead. Is it the destruction 2.0? Or is DICE unable to make online games playable, let alone server browsers (which we all know...they can't do the latter.)

Upvote 0
So what is the reason for the massive lag in this game? The server browser has servers way below 100 ping, I go in, everyone is above 100, no exceptions, ever. It feels like matchmaking on Xbox Live. I take cover, two seconds later I'm dead. Is it the destruction 2.0? Or is DICE unable to make online games playable, let alone server browsers (which we all know...they can't do the latter.)

Server browser shows one way ping, but in-game scoreboard shows two way ping. So it shows a little more than double of your actual ping. Anything around 100 is normal. No idea Dice did it like this though.

Upvote 0
Server browser shows one way ping, but in-game scoreboard shows two way ping. So it shows a little more than double of your actual ping. Anything around 100 is normal. No idea Dice did it like this though.

Ping is always the round trip time. The rationale for DICE to have higher number is the delay that the server and the protocol stack (no ICMP Echo Requests, which would be ping) add to it.

Upvote 0