• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Sure..i prefer playing something created by one person that tries something different over playing the 100th generic mass compatible graphic wankfest. ;)

I tried it. An deceided iam ultimately bored by most of the games from the last 1-2 years.

I doubt you "dragon" dident even try to play love..so yeah no arguments from your side. :D

Upvote 0
I tried it. An deceided iam ultimately bored by most of the games from the last 1-2 years.

So am I. I've bought KF, L4D, AvP, World of Goo....and that's about it since RO came out in 2006. However, I love Battlefield games and this is a much prettier, much more solid, better sounding, and tighter experience than all the other Battlefields. The destruction adds alot to the experience although I will agree, overall, it's not much different. But when the game is this well made and there hasn't been a really solid shooter since RO:Ost, BC2 really stands out.

Every new game doesnt have to rewrite the formula just like every new movie doesnt have to rewrite the formula. If everything was based purely on originality then most of the great movies of the last 25 years would be considered crap. Sometimes you have to just recognize quality and stop being a sour puss. I'm not bashing creative simple games but something tells me we're gonna be having alot more fun with BC2 than you will be feeling all high and mighty with your 2D "Love" game.

Upvote 0
Is your view supposed to be little pinky when on tank? Today I had really good roll on tank and destroyed like 5-6 enemy tanks, tons of jeeps and infantry ect.

I had this pinky screen the whole time on tank + the games over bloom effect, which made me completely blind for moments and eventually killed me because I coudn't see **** on blind spots.

Could be Ati driver problem, but theres no such problem in anywhere else in the game and I remember playing the single player tank combats without such problem. Not even sure was it that pinky, but really hard to see anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is your view supposed to be little pinky when on tank? Today I had really good roll on tank and destroyed like 5-6 enemy tanks, tons of jeeps and infantry ect.

I had this pinky screen the whole time on tank + the games over bloom effect, which made me completely blind for moments and eventually killed me because I coudn't see **** on blind spots.

Could be Ati driver problem, but theres no such problem in anywhere else in the game and I remember playing the single player tank combats without such problem. Not even sure was it that pinky, but really hard to see anything.

In the T-90R, yeah. In the American tanks / afv it's the same, but it's greenish not pink.

And I think the over-bloom effect is intentionally made worse for the tanks and the scopes, just to keep them from wrecking the balance.

I mean, for chrissakes, I've got a 40x scope here at home, and it's a WHOLE hell of a lot clearer than the scopes they put on the sniper rifles. :p

Upvote 0
Played on a hardcore server for an hour or so and played the first mission. Performance is ****ing ridiculous. i'm almost all maxed out (everything max except shadows on medium, aa 1x, and af 4x). The game looks very very good and its super smooth especially considering I'm running on 2006 hardware besides my 2008 video card. Incredibly pleased in that regard.

My complaints so far are also my complaints for the beta. Pings dont show up unless you run in admin mode (which I cant do on the Steam version). Friends still does not work. The FOV slider isn't in yet unless I somehow missed it. Server refresh is slow as hell. Server searching doesn't work.

Considering my biggest complaints so far should be small fixes, I'm very pleased. The biggest thing, which games never really improve on, is performance and this on day 1 is incredibly smooth. This is even further astonishing considering its a battlefield game which are notoriously shoddy in that regard. So needs some polish but the basics seem to be well taken care of.

Upvote 0
Played on a hardcore server for an hour or so and played the first mission. Performance is ****ing ridiculous. i'm almost all maxed out (everything max except shadows on medium, aa 1x, and af 4x). The game looks very very good and its super smooth especially considering I'm running on 2006 hardware besides my 2008 video card. Incredibly pleased in that regard.

My complaints so far are also my complaints for the beta. Pings dont show up unless you run in admin mode (which I cant do on the Steam version). Friends still does not work. The FOV slider isn't in yet unless I somehow missed it. Server refresh is slow as hell. Server searching doesn't work.

Considering my biggest complaints so far should be small fixes, I'm very pleased. The biggest thing, which games never really improve on, is performance and this on day 1 is incredibly smooth. This is even further astonishing considering its a battlefield game which are notoriously shoddy in that regard. So needs some polish but the basics seem to be well taken care of.

FOV can be changed in the settings.ini file. I took it from 55 to 75 and it's great. I also turned off bloom, and my scope performance is a lot better.

Also, turning AA from x4 to x2 nearly doubled my frame rate - I'm getting steady 65-70 now, instead of 35-50.

Upvote 0
One guy from a gaming group I belong to asked me to buy BC2 since it will be the next game they will be playing. And so I ordered it. The gameplay videos and the review on Gametrailers look interesting to say at least. I've actually been craving for a fun Battlefield-like game with destructible environments and good visuals, so this might be it.

Looking forward to it. At least I'll be playing it with some good chaps.

Upvote 0
That sucks.

It's so badass. You're going to love it. I haven't had this much fun with a shooter since the first couple months after RO was released.

Same :)

Though the core gameplay elements of Battlefield are deemed unrealistic ie shock paddles to revive team-mates no matter what killed them & repairing any vehicle with your magic tool... there are still some super uber realistic features which more than make up for it!

The bullet physics and sounds are the best Ive seen in ANY game which makes this for me the most realistic shooter on the planet!!!

And gotta love the things they say when they try to shank you! :D

Really makes it feel personal and quite disturbing when it happens to you!

Upvote 0
Same :)

Though the core gameplay elements of Battlefield are deemed unrealistic ie shock paddles to revive team-mates no matter what killed them & repairing any vehicle with your magic tool... there are still some super uber realistic features which more than make up for it!

The bullet physics and sounds are the best Ive seen in ANY game which makes this for me the most realistic shooter on the planet!!!

And gotta love the things they say when they try to shank you! :D

Really makes it feel personal and quite disturbing when it happens to you!

Last I checked, they still didn't do bullet physics and used hit scan... so not sure where you are pulling that from. But on that note I found the beta very fun, debating on the full game now.

Upvote 0