• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 4

Never bothered to get it. It was nice to see the serie returns into a modern setting with BF3 , but I'm getting sick of it... Even more when there's so few things that feels truly "new" in the game. If that wasn't all, it was a pain in the *** to play it in the first months and even if many games does it , the DLCs were just ridiculous (a DLC was even announced BEFORE the game launched...That's already a good recipe to make me angry about a game I didn't even play )

Upvote 0
Even after 2 years after the release, BF4 is still being supported both with content, features and fixes. DICE LA is taking care of it. They've fixed almost all of the issues with the netcode.

There's no better time to get it IMO.

I recall it had an epically bad launch, according to my roommate. It's true they've stuck with it though. That's part of why I didn't go out and buy 4, while 3 was still out there and kicking. It felt like DICE had abandoned BF3 in a hurry, that it wasn't "the one" they were going to stick with for years like BF2. BF3, and maybe I'm wrong here, felt like a stepping stone to 4. But 3 is what they hyped me for, and being on the fence about BF in general at the time, I kinda wrote the series off. I'd assumed they were going to go the annual CoD release route.

Upvote 0