[Game] Battlefield 4

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

EvilAmericanMan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 27, 2005
Palm Coast, FL
I must be blind, I can't find a thread for this one. Anybody playing this? I bought it and the Second Assault expansion, it seems like an improved BF3. The BF4 maps aren't very good unfortunately...been looking to squad up with people who actually have an interest in teamplay. Anybody like that here?

EvilAmericanMan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 27, 2005
Palm Coast, FL
Yeah I mean I've had moments of being around corners or behind cover and dying, or shells/missiles going right through their targets and doing no damage. Overall, though, I have to say it's not noticeable all that often.

Rattler

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 20, 2009
I wanted to get BF4 but the factions are terrible! I am not playing with the chinese! BF3 - sure, both factions are great! It doesn't matter who team you will be playing in. But BF4, the chinese.. nope.avi.

Aleflippy

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 18, 2012
Belgium
Never bothered to get it. It was nice to see the serie returns into a modern setting with BF3 , but I'm getting sick of it... Even more when there's so few things that feels truly "new" in the game. If that wasn't all, it was a pain in the *** to play it in the first months and even if many games does it , the DLCs were just ridiculous (a DLC was even announced BEFORE the game launched...That's already a good recipe to make me angry about a game I didn't even play )

Nenjin

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Sub-Level 12
Never bothered to get it either. Every time I look at my roommate playing it, it looks like BF3 with quad bikes.

EvilAmericanMan

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 27, 2005
Palm Coast, FL
I got it for $15, was some kind of origin sale. If you can find it for that it's well worth it I think. Though, the BF4 maps are pretty crap overall...to much damned water on some of them. Swimming is not fun...

Rak

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 23, 2005
D
Even after 2 years after the release, BF4 is still being supported both with content, features and fixes. DICE LA is taking care of it. They've fixed almost all of the issues with the netcode.

There's no better time to get it IMO.

nejcooo

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2012
Got it for free when I got R9 270, but key expired because I didn't activate it until like 6 months after I bought it :)

Nenjin

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Sub-Level 12
Even after 2 years after the release, BF4 is still being supported both with content, features and fixes. DICE LA is taking care of it. They've fixed almost all of the issues with the netcode.

There's no better time to get it IMO.

I recall it had an epically bad launch, according to my roommate. It's true they've stuck with it though. That's part of why I didn't go out and buy 4, while 3 was still out there and kicking. It felt like DICE had abandoned BF3 in a hurry, that it wasn't "the one" they were going to stick with for years like BF2. BF3, and maybe I'm wrong here, felt like a stepping stone to 4. But 3 is what they hyped me for, and being on the fence about BF in general at the time, I kinda wrote the series off. I'd assumed they were going to go the annual CoD release route.