• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

People are still playing BF3?

My clan (sadly) jumped on the Battlefield bandwagon a few years ago much to my annoyance and even they aren't playing it :D
I would like to, but it's been almost two months I can't play because PB kicks me whenever I join a server, with the classical "packet loss" issue. DICE/EA haven't done anything about it, obviously. I've tried every solution on the specific thread of this issue, which is the second biggest thread of tech support, but nothing works.

Upvote 0
Many of the old RO clans whose members I've talked to (like TK and others) have a ton of members playing BF3. I'm actually planning on getting it in the next few weeks for this very reason. I don't enjoy Ro2 and it has failed to satisfy my desire for a new first person shooter to play (all my current online shooters are very old and overplayed). That, and I had quite a good time playing BF3 during the beta.

Upvote 0
Many of the old RO clans whose members I've talked to (like TK and others) have a ton of members playing BF3. I'm actually planning on getting it in the next few weeks for this very reason. I don't enjoy Ro2 and it has failed to satisfy my desire for a new first person shooter to play (all my current online shooters are very old and overplayed). That, and I had quite a good time playing BF3 during the beta.
You can have a fun and entertaining time with it, the only thing you need to learn is...

...to quit or switch map/server when a bad map (metro, bazaar with 64p) comes up or any helirape will start (sharqi and wake).

It's really not a bad game when you keep that in mind. :)

Upvote 0
So I just finished the SP. Because, you know, I'm a masochist.

Spoiler!

I don't ask much, but if you're going to even bother with a story, you should at least hire someone who can ****ing write one.

Spoiler!

explosives at Metro are overrated - Pecheng with bipod FTW!!!

Upvote 0
Spoiler!

explosives at Metro are overrated - Pecheng with bipod FTW!!!
Spoiler!

I thought that whole nonsensical plot was part of the plan to appeal to the CoD crowd.

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ugh, that is so sad I don't even...

I play BF3 exclusively in the scarce free time I have, I also know many other RO clanners playing it way too much. After the disappointment that is RO2, BF3 is the perfect middle ground that is actually fun and exciting.

Also, birgirpall does it again;

Operation Airpain - YouTube

Reactions: Pectus and Verluste
Upvote 0
Put it this way. Bad Company 2 had a better SP campaign in terms of story, and almost in terms of gameplay. And it was as bland and formulaic as they could manage.

The story in BFBC2 was pretty bad. I didn't even know who you were fighting. I'd say both stories are equally as bad though. I did like how BC2 had less "Press A to smash enemies face in with a brick" moments though. In terms of gameplay, BC2 was a little less confined, and it was longer. I finish BF3 is less than 5 hours.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Put it this way. Bad Company 2 had a better SP campaign in terms of story, and almost in terms of gameplay. And it was as bland and formulaic as they could manage.

I don't know, BF 3 had a better feel to it, I liked it more than four lone guys running around looking for some treasure.

Reactions: PUTZ
Upvote 0
BF3 has a cinematic quality to it that BFBC2 lacked. But that's also what I started to get annoyed with. The frequency of quick time events kind of reeked of a guy who felt like he was directing a movie, instead of making a game.

While BC2 might have been a big cliche all its own, at least it didn't feel pretentious. BF3 had pretension down pat though, right on through to the phrase "What would you do for your country?" as the sub-title of the last mission.

Upvote 0
anyone else having problems with BF3, like getting kicked out of the game after about 30 sec? (Game disconnected: you were kicked from the game or you were kicked by punkbuster violation (9003) or something lie that) Started happening yesterday, and i havent made any changes to my game. I think the turd PunkBuster fails to update itself or just likes to rape you in the *** for no good reason :mad:

Upvote 0