• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Perhaps you missed their dedicated MP trailer that was released just a few days ago? :rolleyes:
That's not really the point. Usually a launch trailer is designed to get people pumped about what they'll experience in the game. Given that MP is the focus of BF3, it seems rather silly to only focus on SP footage (and almost no gameplay, at that). It really doesn't make a difference in the long run, but I still think its kind of a baffling decision. I think it would have more sense to make a "Campaign" trailer earlier, then release a launch trailer showing mostly MP stuff.

But whatever, it doesn't really make a difference. I honestly see this type of launch trailer aimed at attracting the CoD crowd more than anything else, given the whole super-scripted Michael Bay-style presentation of the whole thing ... it looks just like a MW trailer, and I don't think that's by accident.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
That's not really the point. Usually a launch trailer is designed to get people pumped about what they'll experience in the game. Given that MP is the focus of BF3, it seems rather silly to only focus on SP footage (and almost no gameplay, at that). It really doesn't make a difference in the long run, but I still think its kind of a baffling decision. I think it would have more sense to make a "Campaign" trailer earlier, then release a launch trailer showing mostly MP stuff.

But whatever, it doesn't really make a difference. I honestly see this type of launch trailer aimed at attracting the CoD crowd more than anything else, given the whole super-scripted Michael Bay-style presentation of the whole thing ... it looks just like a MW trailer, and I don't think that's by accident.

I would say that the focus of BF 3 is SP and MP. Not just MP.

Upvote 0
I would say that the focus of BF 3 is SP and MP. Not just MP.
I'm just quoting DICE who said that BF3 was mainly focused on the MP in a video interview about a week ago. They basically said that SP was nice, but that the amount of time you will spend with it utterly pales in comparison with the MP.

Upvote 0

No, hey, that's cool... Just bend the reality to suit your argument, right? So they need to include the things you want them to in every trailer or something?

So they already had a multiplayer focused trailer that they released FIRST and then later followed up with a second trailer aimed at the single player component but that's not good enough for you? Haha... ok.

Little FYI: Launch trailers typically only mean that it's the last trailer a company will release prior to the game's launch and has no restrictions or guidelines as to what has to be included in it.

Reactions: Examiner2
Upvote 0
Sheesh I can't believe you guys actually spend time arguing and belittling each other over trailer content. Ayeeeeee carumba.......

Now lets give DICE credit, they didn't include a rap song featuring Eminem with meh-looking graphics like the last 3 CoD releases did during the NBA finals the last 3 years. Honestly BF3 looks like its going to be better than MW in every way. Graphics, gameplay, story and MP will all be better quality, fresher and crisper I think than stale ole' CoD. Of course there's no server browser, but we do always complain about DICE browsers...the idea of using a website instead ala GameSpy Arcade or w/e it was back in the day seems silly but it could work out fine.

Upvote 0
That's not really the point. Usually a launch trailer is designed to get people pumped about what they'll experience in the game.

So... You'd rather see three minutes of high-tension waiting at runways, and supercharged watching helicopters do dodecahedral flips before crashing into your entire squad, or watching super-realistic running for five minutes only to be killed by a bush wielding a high powered rifle, hm?

Upvote 0
So... You'd rather see three minutes of high-tension waiting at runways, and supercharged watching helicopters do dodecahedral flips before crashing into your entire squad, or watching super-realistic running for five minutes only to be killed by a bush wielding a high powered rifle, hm?
Lol you have a point there.

I was only stating my general opinion ... it doesn't mean I'm right -- this is a subjective thing where people can have different opinions, you know. I just typically think of launch trailers as being representative of the game's main features, much like a movie trailer. I didn't think I'd get jumped on like this ... geez.

Anyhow, as I even said in my posts, all of this is pretty inconsequential. I do appreciate that they brought back the full battlefield 1942 theme, rather than just the (over-used) drum beat rhythm as in other trailers.

Upvote 0
A 9/10 that means it's one of the finest games to ever grace the gaming world. It can stand alongside the truly groundbreaking titles and it will remain in the memory for generations to come. When I look back in 10 or 20 years time I will remember such superb games. A stunning achievement and I should rush out to buy it.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0