• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

These SP experiences should be considered more of an interactive movie than a game. Once you get that into your head, you won't be bothered as much about the linearity and abundance of scripted events.

I still hate it tho and would gladly go back to the olden days of early Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games, where you actually had some choice when it came to completing a mission.

But I realize that this is something that the two big mainstream FPS developers are not striving for. They'd rather lead you by the hand through their interactive story, try to make you look and feel as bad*** as possible, overwhelm you with big explosions and cheesy one-liners, etc.

Oh well... I guess that's what sells...

Edit:
Also, I wonder if there's any truth behind this article: [url]http://www.computerandvideogames.com/306431/news/bobby-kotick-wanted-to-play-battlefield-3-at-e3-ea-said-no/[/URL]

Yeah the original Rainbow Six didn't even have mission plans past the first two or three missions. I think GR as well. Nowadays that would be waaay too difficult to swallow for people. I mean nowadays R6 has a CoD style story and there's no mission plans at all.

Upvote 0
Not necessarily. BFBC2 was on sale for $5.00 about one year after it's release.

I have a feeling BF3 will sell even better, so they probably won't lower the price for a while. I hope they do, because I am not buying it for $60. Or even $30. I'd probably get it when it is $20 or less.

If it takes very long for it to drop in price, I'll just be playing RO2 while I wait.

Upvote 0
Not necessarily. BFBC2 was on sale for $5.00 about one year after it's release.

True but BF3 is DICE's biggest title ever and has way more expectation and clout than BC2 ever did. It seems like they were pumping out sales of BC2 to stay competitive with CoD and with BF3's massive coverage and DICE's confidence in the game, I don't think BF3 is likely to hit such substantial deals so quick. Probably a bunch of $10-20 off for the first half of the year after its release, then maybe a few half off deals later in the year. I'm just speculating though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
True but BF3 is DICE's biggest title ever and has way more expectation and clout than BC2 ever did. It seems like they were pumping out sales of BC2 to stay competitive with CoD and with BF3's massive coverage and DICE's confidence in the game, I don't think BF3 is likely to hit such substantial deals so quick. Probably a bunch of $10-20 off for the first half of the year after its release, then maybe a few half off deals later in the year. I'm just speculating though.

I expect the same.

BFBC2 is $16 on Amazon as of now for those interested.

Upvote 0
Its a game you have to play to experience for yourself. You can't just watch Red Orchestra videos and already expect to know how it plays. It just doesn't work that way. Just know that gameplay trailers and gameplay features/mechanic trailers are designed to do different things.

This is true for all games, and I fully agree. But showing of some mechanics (like the analysis of the BF3 trailer) makes my pants getting wet, while some good graphics only wet my mouth.
Think the analysis was way better pr than the original trailer:)

Remove a period and add a comma, if that is still wrong then Grammar Police me again.:rolleyes:

You're excused! I just wondered how to read the sentences, it's all clear now;)

Upvote 0