• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

To be honest, I hated the Team VOIP in RO1. There's nothing more annoying than having a guy in a "YOU'VE GOTTA LISTEN TO ME GUYZ" attitude shouting orders in the teamchat. I always muted those people.

Teamchat is just too general to achieve anything. Squad chat is the way to go in every fast-paced FPS.
Squad chat doesn't do a damn thing in RO2. The only way you can get people to actually listen and work together is by talking over team VOIP.

Upvote 0
Just last night I wanted to know how the flash blindness would be in real life.

I tried some different flashlights, but it's funny how someone who said 'They fixed the sun on their guns' was pretty darn right.
The only time I saw what happened in BF3 was while in a car and the sun just came from after a cloud.

The other times the only difference the flashlight did was making everything around it somewhat darker (light in pupil = adaptation). So instead of the fully white screen, you should have a relative big white spot (head size) and the rest of the screen should be getting darker.

I do not play BF3 btw, saw some videos and I wanted to know for sure what happened when it does.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Nice. Very nice to see something from B2K for the first time as well, even if it's not much. I think the big question however will be how long the maps will keep you entertained. I'm mainly a conquest guy and to be honest I don't see more than 3-4 maps that will really work in 64p conquest, because some maps like Op Metro, Seine Crossing or Grand Bazaar(from what I've read/seen) simply feel like they were designed for Rush only.

Upvote 0
OK, I'm not sure what ISN'T awesome about base jumping off a ****ing mountain to get to a map's objectives. Even if it plays badly, you gotta give DICE props for creative map design on that one :D

Oh and ERK, is it sad that I recognize that map in your signature? I remember playing pistols-only matches back in the mod days on that map.

Upvote 0
Ya I loved doing that kind of craziness in 2142. Whole squad launching out of one of those APC things in the pods and landing on top of one of the skyscrapers on the Berlin map to rain destruction down on those below :D. Most servers banned playing on the skyscrapers though eventually :(.

Or destroying Titan and then jumping out before it blew... man 2142 was really fun. I should re-install it

Upvote 0
Ya I loved doing that kind of craziness in 2142. Whole squad launching out of one of those APC things in the pods and landing on top of one of the skyscrapers on the Berlin map to rain destruction down on those below :D. Most servers banned playing on the skyscrapers though eventually :(.

Or destroying Titan and then jumping out before it blew... man 2142 was really fun. I should re-install it
Yeah 2142 was a really solid game. Lots of people still play it, too.

Man I just really wish EA hadn't ****ed up BF3 so bad with all of this Origin and Battle Log crap. If they hadn't erected so many barriers, I might have actually given thought to buying their game.

Upvote 0