• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

I wonder if PR will make a new version off of this...

I believe about a year ago the PR team stated they wouldn't because they are working on Arma2: PR and their standalone game. Since we know there are no modding tools in a "PC exclusive" game, they wouldn't be able to do much modding if they wanted to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Please not again.
Well clearly there are people out there who are unaware of this, and it is really something that customers should know about a game that is a sequel to one of the biggest mod platforms in recent years.

I'm excited for BF3 (cautiously, mind you) but the exclusion of mod tools for such a previously mod-centric game is a glaring omission that should be reminded of just as much as all of the game's positive qualities.

Reactions: Oldih and Fedorov
Upvote 0
Great analysis, but I did smile a bit when he said "balance takes precedence over authenticity." True for the Battlefield series but still made me go

o_rly.jpg

Upvote 0
Day 1 exclusive weapon DLC

Quotes from an interview with Senior Gameplay Designer, Alan "Demize99" Kertz:

Silver_Rook: question.... these pre order bonuses? are they available to everyone once they rank up? or are some TRUE exclusive?

Demize99: The Physical Warfare Pack is fully exclusive. There's no other way to get those 4 items.

Power2ouse:Why is the four items exclusive and not unlockable in the game.... it starts to look good then you guys **** it up.

Demize99: We want to give our loyal fans something extra that says "Thanks for Preordering." I think PWP is a great way to do that.

Yeah cause when I go to my favorite food joint I feel so honored when they cut off the end of my sandwhich and then charge me extra for it. What a gift! Sigh, the momentum was so great, now I'm seriously reconsidering even buying the game. I cannot stand this ****.

Upvote 0
Was the same with BC1 but they changed it back eventually because there was a huge community outrage. Doubt that will happen again though, people are probably used to getting screwed over already. But since I'm pre-ordering anyways it doesn't matter to me. I loved BF1942, BFV, BF2, (liked) BF2142, BC1 and BC2 so I'll like BF3, especcially from the footage I've seen. Sure this sucks and is kinda ridiculous but on the other hand it isn't really relevant to me and I'm sure not missing out on this game because of some lousy shotgun and MG which I probably will barely ever use anyhow.

Upvote 0