• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

Reactions: Zips
Upvote 0
As am I. Unless something else is announced there's no sense in speculating.

Zips, again, that's not the point. The news outlets are reporting exclusive content for Battlefield 3. If the BF Play4Free content is all it is, then all of the news reports were wrong. We all know of the controversial business practices of the industry in recent years so it would be naive to think that the BF Play4Free content is indeed the "exclusive content" in question. Seeing as how this affects the consumers' purchase decision, of course it "makes sense" to speculate. Maybe you wouldn't be so quick to let it slide if you didn't get most (if not all?) of your games for free.

Reactions: Zips
Upvote 0
Zips, again, that's not the point. The news outlets are reporting exclusive content for Battlefield 3. If the BF Play4Free content is all it is, then all of the news reports were wrong. We all know of the controversial business practices of the industry in recent years so it would be naive to think that the BF Play4Free content is indeed the "exclusive content" in question. Seeing as how this affects the consumers' purchase decision, of course it "makes sense" to speculate. Maybe you wouldn't be so quick to let it slide if you didn't get most (if not all?) of your games for free.
How are the reports wrong when that content is exclusive to the Origin version of BF3? Think.

Upvote 0
How are the reports wrong when that content is exclusive to the Origin version of BF3? Think.

ಠ_ಠ

Are you trolling me now?

The news outlets are reporting exclusive content for Battlefield 3.

I am talking about content that is specifically for Battlefield 3, NOT content given from the Origin purchase of BF3 for a different game.

Upvote 0
And as I already pointed out in my very first comment to you, you get the 870 Combat Shotgun for BF3.

I am going by the link you posted in your very first comment which states:

Pre-order today and unlock the exclusive Battlefield 3 Edition 870 Combat Shotgun & Beret for Battlefield Play4Free

No where in that quote does it say the shotgun is for BF3. Is there a different source you're getting this from?

Upvote 0
I am going by the link you posted in your very first comment which states:

No where in that quote does it say the shotgun is for BF3. Is there a different source you're getting this from?
Their wording is suspect but you could be right. However, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you about what exclusive content BF3 may get through Origin. It won't be anything that will segment the community such as exclusive maps.

Upvote 0
Their wording is suspect but you could be right.

Cmon buddy, I am right. Admit it for once, it'll make you feel better. :D Further proof (a Play4Free pic of the content) from a BF blog article:
BF3_Promo_0.jpg

However, I wouldn't worry too much if I were you about what exclusive content BF3 may get through Origin. It won't be anything that will segment the community such as exclusive maps.

You're not the one I'd be taking that advice from if you just carried on for a page and a half of this thread arguing that an exclusive shotgun in BF3 (that doesn't exist) is nothing to worry about. ;)

Upvote 0
Cmon buddy, I am right. Admit it for once, it'll make you feel better. :D Further proof (a Play4Free pic of the content) from a BF blog article:
BF3_Promo_0.jpg

You're not the one I'd be taking that advice from if you just carried on for a page and a half of this thread arguing that an exclusive shotgun in BF3 (that doesn't exist) is nothing to worry about. ;)
Suit yourself then. It's not really my problem if you're going to concern yourself to such a degree over something as trivial as this that will, for all intents and purposes, probably end up being nothing to have worried about at all.

Upvote 0
I'm not honestly all that worried. If it's to the degree BC2 did it, and not much more, eh. I'll live. And I'll end up using Origin because I'll have no choice. Consider this not so much directed at BF3 as it just getting a little weary of the direction all the publishers are going now. And I do expect EA to put on the full court press with BF3 to entice people to Origin. It's going to be the flagship title for it, after all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
And the shots with the all the tree shadow already made me think this is going to require a new video card for me. This 8800GT ain't going to hack that at all.

Ha I just upgraded to a GTX 480 from a 9800 GTX+ :D

They said they used a GTX 580 from one of their earlier BF3 demos. I don't run everything on max settings, so I should be fine.

Upvote 0