• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battlefield 1943

When I first started playing the original all those years back it was fun but never realistic either. I think you get a lot for the low price in this game plus the consoles don't have anything like this right now.

Even if you don't like the game the sound effects sound great if you have some nice speakers!
Indeed! I liked BF:Bad Company a lot as well, my only gripe with it (which carries to BF1943) is the incredibly narrow FOV. Feels like you're always zoomed in. It's headache inducing. :( I wish they'd widen it up some, since most people will be playing this on 16:9 displays.

Upvote 0
Tried the demo on PS3, the gameplay is good and fun but the graphics are truly horrible. I haven't seen so big jaggies since I was playing HL in software rendering 320x240. Shouldn't these things capable of rendering at least 720p? There were also some shadow problems that they flickered constantly.

Maybe I'll just wait for the PC version.

Upvote 0
Tried the demo on PS3, the gameplay is good and fun but the graphics are truly horrible. I haven't seen so big jaggies since I was playing HL in software rendering 320x240. Shouldn't these things capable of rendering at least 720p? There were also some shadow problems that they flickered constantly.

Maybe I'll just wait for the PC version.

Bad Company looked the same way

Upvote 0
PA's take on it :D

20090709.jpg
http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2009/20090709.jpg

Upvote 0
Servers are a TON better today. I played multiple times throughout the day and always got in on the first try! It really is a blast, though the maps are already getting boring. Iwo Jima is my favorite, but all the maps are basically the same. Hopefully we'll get Coral Sea unlocked soon. Around 7pm I think the community had 2,000,000+ kills so we're well on our way. Hopefully we get some DLC, too.

I will admit, I'd like more classes. Like the engineer with anti-tank mines and such. Wish another class had the TNT instead of the sniper. I love the rifleman. The game is just a lot of fun for $15. I'm very pleased and will be playing it for a while. Some of us should jump in a squad sometime! You can find me on XBL with the name Horsebite.

Upvote 0
Servers are a TON better today. I played multiple times throughout the day and always got in on the first try! It really is a blast, though the maps are already getting boring. Iwo Jima is my favorite, but all the maps are basically the same. Hopefully we'll get Coral Sea unlocked soon. Around 7pm I think the community had 2,000,000+ kills so we're well on our way. Hopefully we get some DLC, too.

I will admit, I'd like more classes. Like the engineer with anti-tank mines and such. Wish another class had the TNT instead of the sniper. I love the rifleman. The game is just a lot of fun for $15. I'm very pleased and will be playing it for a while. Some of us should jump in a squad sometime! You can find me on XBL with the name Horsebite.

Sure thing, i'll add you on Live and maybe we can play some tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Dunno what you're talkin about. I never saw any BF games as arcadey. at least until I saw battlefield heroes and 1943
Really? You sure you've played Battlefield, right? They are all arcade-y. Maybe not as much as this new one, but still. I don't know why this board always has to bash anything that doesn't have overly realistic features. Why not just enjoy a game for what it is and if you don't want to play it, don't. Don't come into a thread about a game you don't like and whine about it.

Upvote 0