• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Battle For Europe: Registration Opened!!

BFE ? Everyone do yourselves a favor and just don't bother. BFE is the saddam of the online world. Heaven forbid you should direct some criticism at the tournament, or worse yet make suggestions as to how to improve it.(infidel !!!!!) Not to mention the neverending efforts to keep it overly balanced. (omg this weapon does 0.001% more damage than that weapon !!!111!!!1!!!!11 patch patch patch!!!) But wait, whats that ? the Brazilian 2nd division is attacking from southern italy while the Japanese 56th div is bravely defending the beaches of normandy. Right......
The whole premise of BFE is to fight battles and display the outcome on the battlemap (think risk without the dice you get the picture). I'm guessing 50-60% of the ones that do sign up join for that reason alone, too bad the tournament leadership couldnt care less about that frickin map. ("people come here for teamplay blablabla...zzzZZzzZZzZzZzZZz". There will be more and much better tournaments than this, wait and you'll see.

Upvote 0
Nordland said:
BFE ? Everyone do yourselves a favor and just don't bother. BFE is the saddam of the online world. Heaven forbid you should direct some criticism at the tournament, or worse yet make suggestions as to how to improve it.(infidel !!!!!) Not to mention the neverending efforts to keep it overly balanced. (omg this weapon does 0.001% more damage than that weapon !!!111!!!1!!!!11 patch patch patch!!!) But wait, whats that ? the Brazilian 2nd division is attacking from southern italy while the Japanese 56th div is bravely defending the beaches of normandy. Right......
The whole premise of BFE is to fight battles and display the outcome on the battlemap (think risk without the dice you get the picture). I'm guessing 50-60% of the ones that do sign up join for that reason alone, too bad the tournament leadership couldnt care less about that frickin map. ("people come here for teamplay blablabla...zzzZZzzZZzZzZzZZz". There will be more and much better tournaments than this, wait and you'll see.

Siggi?:rolleyes:

By all means show us YOUR tournament. Because as of now, BFE is still the only tournament that offers this kind of unique and intense RO experience. If you want to talk out of your ass, go somewhere else.

Upvote 0
Nordland said:

I think you didn't ever play in BFE for Red Orchestra yet, but still thanks for your criticism. ;)

Edit: Ok, it's you Siggi!

Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
Siggi?:rolleyes:

By all means show us YOUR tournament. Because as of now, BFE is still the only tournament that offers this kind of unique and intense RO experience. If you want to talk out of your ass, go somewhere else.

First of all who is siggi ? I don't have a tournament to promote unlike you. I am merely trying to save these poor souls from entering the hell of BFE. I think that we both can agree that RO will be very successful, so RO tournaments will be popping up all over the place. Now if you had these peoples best interests at heart you would tell them to wait and see what others have to offer instead of spouting mindless drivel on these forums.

Upvote 0
Nordland said:
So tell me, how exactly will bfe RO be different from the other bfe tournaments ?

You are not Siggi? Ok then I apologize for thinking that you are a different person.

Well I did never play in other BFE tournaments then for RO, so I cannot compare it. We had until now only a small community here and it seems to be that we hadn't the same problems like you luckily.

Upvote 0
Nimsky said:
"Hell of BFE"? "Mindless drivel"? YOU are the one who's talking nonsense here, as you obviously never played. Shut up.

Haha, getting angry are we ? :D Hmm lets see...battle map can't be displayed....business as usual. Oh noes, our general has been outbid, we can't attack :( Telling me to shut up is not a healthy way of continuing this debate, but it does speak volumes of your lack of respect for those whose opinions differ from yours. The ones who have observed this debate will have reached their own conclusions based on your reactions, my work here is done, good day.

Nordland

Upvote 0
Now now guys calm down this is not good for anyone.

I am sure BFERO will do what it can to provide the best they can for everyone that joins in there.

I had over 2 years playing and worked my way upto to admin of bfecod and had some great times there.

I have now however left and started a tournament with a few other respected members that were at bfecod. So I am you could say a rival to BFERO as well As BFECOD, But I would not want anyone to knock something they have neither tried or had just had a bad experence elsewhere.

Keep up the good work bfero.

and for anyone wishing to check us out. look in the clan forums on this site for us.

Upvote 0
Hi Fed, Nimsky, MadMax. Good to see you guys again.

BFE was the best RO experience I've ever had. Nothing like it, nothing better. The camraderie, the strategies, the epic 8 hour battles... man, that was some good stuff. I really felt like I was part of a great, talented team, with each individual having their own amazing strengths and personalities that contributed perfectly to the whole.

However, before I would ever consider rejoining BFE, the rules need to be updated. Remember one of the big reasons Campaign 3 fell apart:

Spawncamping : It is important to make the distinction between spawncamping and exit-camping. A spawn area is defined as the immediate area surrounding the actual player starts. Spawncamping is defnied as being within an enemy spawn area, killing the enemy as they spawn. Spawncamping is an ILLEGAL tactic in BFE-RO. Firing into, calling artillery near, or throwing explosives into a spawn area from outside of a spawn area is highly frowned upon, but is not entirely illegal. This clause is to ensure that if someone is fired upon from within a spawn area, that they are able to defend themselves, and that spawn areas are not used as areas of immunity.

The above is a killer.

The mere idea that it is legal to fire from cover at someone who just spawned is detestable. There can be no "gray area" in spawn camping.

This business about "Spawncamping is defnied as being within an enemy spawn area" is bull, because while preventing you from stepping inside the spawn area, it completely allows you shoot into it.

Regarding "spawn areas are not used as areas of immunity", spawn areas are usually away far away from objectives and tucked behind cover, so why on Earth would they be used as areas of immunity? There's no tactical advantage to doing this, so why should spawn camping be allowed because of it?

Which leads me to: "if someone is fired upon from within a spawn area, that they are able to defend themselves". If you're being fired at from a spawn area, that likely means you're too close, so MOVE AWAY.

If these rules are not changed (or the German team leadership has not grown up enough to know what's right rather than what's "legal"), best of luck.

Upvote 0
As someone who does not play enough to join a clan, I found Battle for Europe a godsend.
Organised teamplay, that turned into hectic and fun hysteria when orders from the officers were being flung about to cope with new situations.
I can say without doubt my best moments in the mod were in this tournament.
I also learnt a bit about the maps during practice sessions so it helps in that regard.
Unfortunately I could not play many battles due to real life commitments but the guys I did play with (Russians) were great to play with. Btw, dont mess with Federov if he is in an IS2 !! Pure death machine !!

So for those thinking about it, I would advise you to try it. It doesnt cost anything and if you dont enjoy yourself, you don't have to play again - what have you lost?

Upvote 0