• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Battle cry.

Moody

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 19, 2010
It would also be cool if by holding this same button, you continue yelling until you let go, at which point the yell quickly fades away. Would lead to some awesome bayonet charge moments.

Although, the problem would be that it would be easily spammable.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2009
why would you keep yelling this? even soldiers in war would think you're mentally handicapped.

my hope is that there are also gesture commands(hand signals) like in americas army.

Nicholas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
Well not yelling nonstop for the whole match, maybe like a 15 second limit on the yell.

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 22, 2009
Well not yelling nonstop for the whole match, maybe like a 15 second limit on the yell.
a voice command is a single sound file. if you want it to go on for 15 seconds it'll sound like a broken record.

it'll basically be that sinlge phrase repeated for 15 seconds. now imagine how that's going to sound.

Nicholas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
a voice command is a single sound file. if you want it to go on for 15 seconds it'll sound like a broken record.

it'll basically be that sinlge phrase repeated for 15 seconds. now imagine how that's going to sound.
How about just HURAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Maybe 5 or 7 seconds.

Game-Enthousiast

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 23, 2010
1st. in line in a Ju52
I think then you would have to be able to choose whether you perform a command by moving your hands or by yelling it. Due to the fact that often you dont want to alert your enemy what you are up to and on the other hand when on the advance you do not want to make yourself more of a target by performing a jumping jack.
But that then would end up as someone remarked that we might have to switch to japanese/chinese keyboards for the purpose of having more keys... I like the yelling and hand signs but I am not sure how easy to implement and to distinguish both turn out to be when you actually just want to use either one of them.
I could imagine this especially could turn out to be something that the In country or Rising storm folks would might have to deal with. For ex. when on a recon mission in the Vietnamese jungle or equally in the Pacific theatre.

Reactions: Nicholas

Nicholas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2010
I think then you would have to be able to choose whether you perform a command by moving your hands or by yelling it. Due to the fact that often you dont want to alert your enemy what you are up to and on the other hand when on the advance you do not want to make yourself more of a target by performing a jumping jack.
But that then would end up as someone remarked that we might have to switch to japanese/chinese keyboards for the purpose of having more keys... I like the yelling and hand signs but I am not sure how easy to implement and to distinguish both turn out to be when you actually just want to use either one of them.
I could imagine this especially could turn out to be something that the In country or Rising storm folks would might have to deal with. For ex. when on a recon mission in the Vietnamese jungle or equally in the Pacific theatre.
I like this idea.

The_Emperor

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
I would very much wish to have a battle chatter for AI soldiers, so they will notify you of enemies sighted and incoming grenades. That's more important than battle cries, at least to me.