Basovka Railway Station (makes a movie appearance)

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Vonreuter

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2006
I was watching Sven Hassel's "Wheels of Terror" (or "The Misfit Brigade") the other day and was surprised to see a station house looking a lot like that in Basovka... They were like two identical brothers!

I wonder if this scene in the movie was the source of inspiration for the map? Anybody else noticed the similarity?

Or is there some default blueprint for Soviet stations? Somehow I doubt that they would've built identical railway stations all around Russia even in Stalin's time...

dasKaRmA

FNG / Fresh Meat
Oct 17, 2005
I did not watch that movie.
I just took a look at various russian Railwaystations of that time.
My main reference for the structure was the railwaystation near Stalingrad (Gumrak Station)

Boggs

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 17, 2006
Louisville, KY

For those too lazy to Google it.

Vonreuter

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 3, 2006
Ah, interesting, because even the colour scheme was similar. Perhaps the makers of the movie have had the same source of inspiration! :)