• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Basic Map Repository

well I see U are not familiar with red.orchestra.pl repository :)
We are doing execs from 2007 and there was no even one complain till now...and it is the easiest way to install maps to no familiar with all that folder trees stuff peeps U R welcome to see it what we did for RedOrchestra (TWI game) here: http://www.red.orchestra.pl/plug.php?e=maps

we just will not be running KF site (we are waiting for RO2 thou, and there is enough of it already), just small contribution for another TripWire title :)

Upvote 0
7z stands for http://www.7-zip.org/ - this method of compression is far more effective with UT files than standard zip or even rar, so we are using it, but can add zip format as well. And as I wrote before this execs are scripted to find the right path after running so U don't even need to know where your Steam folder is placed - it will be found by registry and no other way U can do it for just players not semi advanced PC users :)
Execs from mentioned folder are 100% virus/trojan free as are done by us from ro.pl, and noone else can upload them in that place, just try it, but of course U have 7z alternative so U R not forced to....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd also suggest removing the .EXE files. They are untrustworthy (no offence) and rather pointless. Do they, for example, cater for 64-bit operating systems? I'd also suggest using .ZIP or .RAR to be honest. Additionally, the download speed is very low.

Execs are NSIS based so yes, they will run on x64; for "untrustworthiness" maybe a few people from neighbour's RO.com forum will stand in our defence hehehe... and I know that PLAYERS use them... if it is so much "eyes pain" for U I can put them separetly in sub-folder...NO ONE is making U to use them! (but U really should BEFORE spreading so much criticism - we even made installer for RO mod DarkestHour and everything ran perfectly)-Speed is limited to ~300kb/s per connection so I think is adequate to common sizes of those files...

Upvote 0
maybe a few people from neighbour's RO.com forum will stand in our defence hehehe...

I'll vouch for the ro.pl community.. they're actually pretty awesome so you don't have to worry about them be malicious.

If you don't want the .exe, you can just easily grab the .7z.. I believe WinRar works on .7z in addition to a dedicated .7z decompressor.

Upvote 0
I'll vouch for the ro.pl community.. they're actually pretty awesome so you don't have to worry about them be malicious.

If you don't want the .exe, you can just easily grab the .7z.. I believe WinRar works on .7z in addition to a dedicated .7z decompressor.

I second that. I always use the exe from there. Saying the site is outstanding is an understatement. Great bunch of people there, even promised me a beer if I am in the neighborhood (hehehe) :D

Upvote 0