• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Barrikady Factory

Well, I tried to make people aware of this, but looks like it was as last week's game: a bit quiet.

I dont think the Crucible has the pull of other servers. Not sure how bloodbath is, but 40-1 is the best option atm for testing. I don't think people want to "test" the maps per-se, just happen to play them as they come across them during a campaign game.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I agree. I was hoping for a good turnout, So that if it is decently,(Emphasis on "decently) balanced, then you could put it on the other big servers and see how it goes from there.

I had an eye out for some bugs, and I didn't notice any game braking bugs, however The Path for the bots is a bit wonky. and the spawn for the Russians, it takes a bit of figuring out when you spawn behind D, it is a little hard to find the stairs.

The only real bug that I noticed was when I spawned one time, I spawned in a room, that had the only exit, the stairs blocked off.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:cool:

These tests were at the expressed request of TWI for the purpose of evaluating the map for stock content. Since Crucible is THEIR server, and the ONLY one I have any control over, that's where it landed. :D Again, the PURPOSE was development for stock content. NOT campaign map content. That's an operator call. Never was on our radar.

The fact that folks didn't come to the party in numbers is regrettable, but I gave it my best shot. Now, having said that, ANY RO2 server operator in WORLD HUMANITY could do something similar on any date without hesitation. And I think that would be great.

I want to thank all the folks that came to Crucible and invested some precious time and effort. Hope it was fun. I also hope that Keith at TWI is able to pull in enough info for the final in-house workup.

Best wishes,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:cool:

Getting back to the map per se, I think we can conclude that it can be won from either side with a reasonably skilled team and effort. I DO agree with the criticism of BOT PATHING. It needs work. IMHO bot pathing and behavior is one of the most neglected resources in map development. Nobody EVER seems to think about it creatively. I think the possibilities of really ingenious bot use in map development is a completely underutilized tool with great potential.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Again, the PURPOSE was development for stock content. NOT campaign map content. That's an operator call. Never was on our radar.

Really? Devs told you we are not interested in testing it in campaign? Or is it just you saying it now for some reasons? If I knew it before I wouldn`t have wasted my time providing you with unwanted campaign demos. :cool:

Anyway. Map updated on 40-1 server 1 and will be added today to a few sectors so there is a big chance of playing it.
If it`s needed I can host a test of the map (regular match) during European late afternoon - evenings.

IMO map doesn`t require any big changes, like locking objective A. Let`s leave it as it is for now and give the players more time to learn it.

Upvote 0
Really? Devs told you we are not interested in testing it in campaign? Or is it just you saying it now for some reasons? If I knew it before I wouldn`t have wasted my time providing you with unwanted campaign demos. :cool:

Anyway. Map updated on 40-1 server 1 and will be added today to a few sectors so there is a big chance of playing it.
If it`s needed I can host a test of the map (regular match) during European late afternoon - evenings.

IMO map doesn`t require any big changes, like locking objective A. Let`s leave it as it is for now and give the players more time to learn it.

Thank you Mord!

Upvote 0

:rolleyes:
:cool: No, no, no. You folks are furnishing words that I never uttered. If you carefully go back over all my statements, you will realize that I never once asserted that this map test had anything to do with it's use in campaign mode. From the very beginning the sole instruction I got from TWI was that it was THEIR wish to groom the map for stock map content. NOTHING outside of that was ever asserted by me or them, privately or publicly.

The purpose of the solicitation of videos was sincere and purposeful. Those videos were to be used in studio to review map behavior and help with final polish before release.

Wherever a "campaign" connection came from, it wasn't me and it wasn't them. Now having said that, I'll also say that the use of Barrikady as a campaign map is a fine idea. But again, that's a server operator judgement call.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0