• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Balance issue: Can one truely reload a panzerfaust in 1.6 seconds?

Vonreuter said:
Even though the Panzerfaust was officially a "fire and forget" weapon, the launching tubes were collected whenever it was possible and sent back to be rearmed at the factory. It was not possible to reload them on the battlefield.
The term "Fire and Forget" is missplaced in your post.
"Fire and Forget" means that once a "self-guided" missile is launched you can start tracking a new target. The launched missile will do it's work (following a target) by itself.
Key word in "Fire and Forget" is "self-guided".
They didn't have "Fire and Forget" or "self-guided" weaponsystems, as we know them now, in WWII.

Disposable is a better word.

Upvote 0
Sorry. Your right. I didnt mean "realoaded" in the traditional way, only in game terms. I suppose I could have said "rereadied" or some other non-word. Point is, even if soldier kept these in a back pack of sorts it would take longer then one and a half seconds to reready it wouldnt you think? And Im pretty dang sure I've never seen one with a sholdering strap.

Upvote 0
SgtH3nry3 said:
There was a radar-guided Wasserfall self-guided missile which hit a FW-190...

I don't know if that counts though. :D

Nope, doesn't count ;)

Wasserfall tracking (looking for a target) was done by a ground radar and it was controlled (steering) by radio. This means someone had to control the direction.

"Fire and forget" would mean that you can "engage" (track and attack) a new target after the missile is launched.

This subject is too extensive to give a short explanation about guidance, self-guidance and "Fire and Forget"
There are a few very informative "wiki's" about rockets/missiles and guidance systems though.

My service as a Stinger Operator in "3e Groep Geleide Wapens" (3rd guided weapons group) was very interesting and informative though. This also included some lessons in countermeasures.

Upvote 0