• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

back to the sounds of RO1

FireBall1

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2006
How about going back to the sound effects of RO1. When you threw a grenade in RO1 it made a satisfying blast and the ground actuality shook a little.
In RO1 when arty came in it was overwhelming.

In RO2 people run into the arty because they are unaware it's coming down because the sound is so weak ( to me it sounds like the roar of a distant ocean wave breaking on the beach).

The grenade sound is just as weak.

RO Mod had beasty explosions. Artillery was hammering and handgrenades were powerful.
I will never forget playing Red Orchestra 2 for the first time and playing barracks. I was throwing a potato masher into one of the "cages" of the NCO Barracks as I saw several Soviets running in there. I waited for the explosion, heard no death screams - assumed they had no time to scream - and rushed into the cage just to be greeted by the exact same folks I presumed dead.
RO2 nades are pathetically weak compared to RO Mod and RO Ostfront, maybe this is why they just make "puff". :D

Upvote 0
5fcd8dddc865218b7b2dd5e906bb3023.png

Upvote 0