• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Axis Tanks = Owned?

The quickest way to kill the life of any forum is to reply with "use a search". Yes we can all use search and it works but the point of a forum is to perhaps for interaction amongst RO players which in the end enhances the game in the long run. I have seen many a forum die off and just turn into a meaningless FAQ when all you use is the search function. just my 2 cents...

Upvote 0
Thank you, that you are posting feedback - if you could even name that feedback - in the correct thread, helps the modders a lot and keeps them motivated.
PS.: Not a single post by [=KAS=]doomed is in the current ArmoredBeasts thread, form an opinion yourself.

Already been reported. No need for me to just up my post count to report a problem.... And, amazingly, I can read a thread, form an opinion, and still NOT post.:eek::eek:

Upvote 0
Already been reported. No need for me to just up my post count to report a problem.... And, amazingly, I can read a thread, form an opinion, and still NOT post.:eek::eek:

Your post sounded absolute, while the problems that may occcure aren't.
It seems like you try to connect the increasing of the shell speed - and the problems that may occur and the problems you see - with often empty servers, but well do I have to remember you that most (!) servers are empty nonetheless what mutators they run?
Have you even played online on a server that had the mut activated?

Do I also have to remember you that this mutator is beta, the RO devs also tried a sever with over 40 people and scaled it down to a number that works most of the times, the same works here as well. You have to test something to know what problems may occur.

Upvote 0
Your post sounded absolute, while the problems that may occcure aren't.
It seems like you try to connect the increasing of the shell speed - and the problems that may occur and the problems you see - with often empty servers, but well do I have to remember you that most (!) servers are empty nonetheless what mutators they run?
Have you even played online on a server that had the mut activated?

Do I also have to remember you that this mutator is beta, the RO devs also tried a sever with over 40 people and scaled it down to a number that works most of the times, the same works here as well. You have to test something to know what problems may occur.

No, you don't have to remember me. But thanks.:rolleyes:

It's not just the increasing of the shell speed - it's the entire mutator. Some see it as heavily tilting the balance towards Germans, and to be honest, I am with them. It's a little buggy, but people mostly don't want a German rapefest, and servers that run this usually end up (if they get people) with teams 18 German vs. 14 Russian.

Yes, I have played online. Yes, I realize this is a beta. That doesn't mean I can't criticize/point out glaring flaws. I am simply giving my interpretation of why those servers are empty - hell, it could just be their names, but I believe that it is at least in part due to the mutator.

Oh, and the devs had the server at 50, not 40. They scaled it down to 44.

Upvote 0
You know the term over that does mean more, 1 billion is over 40 ...
There is nothing bad of criticizing, that can help a lot, but only if you criticize at the correct place i.e. the AB thread.

Yes the mutator makes some German tanks stronger, especially the Tiger, as it was stronger. Most RO maps are small so this is not as bad as it could be on large maps. It's a work in progress and as long as some maps have T3476 vs. Tiger it will be very hard for the Russians, but that does not mean that the mutator is bad, nor that the map is bad (as the map considered RO-T3476), it simply states that the mutator would work better if there was a SU100, or SU152.

What you also have to take into account is that you have to play different if this mutator is activated. No more angling in a Panzer III, no more front attacking of Tigers if you are in a SU76 or T3476, so basically you still have a chance. It's the same with the discussion about the RO-TractorWorks that is so hard for the Germans, because many people play wrong.

Only ~50 servers of ~250 are populated now, even the 44 server of TW is not populated right now, I guess that has to do with the game...

PS.: Feel free to post your critics, ideas ... in the AB thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There is nothing bad of criticizing, that can help a lot, but only if you criticize at the correct place i.e. the AB thread.

Sichartsofen (sp?) has already made it quite clear that he doesn't care about input. Go read the thread.

Yes the mutator makes some German tanks stronger, especially the Tiger, as it was stronger. Most RO maps are small so this is not as bad as it could be on large maps. It's a work in progress and as long as some maps have T3476 vs. Tiger it will be very hard for the Russians, but that does not mean that the mutator is bad, nor that the map is bad (as the map considered RO-T3476), it simply states that the mutator would work better if there was a SU100, or SU152.

No, the mutator itself isn't bad. It's the fact that it is currently incompatible gameplaywise that is a huge turnoff.

Only ~50 servers of ~250 are populated now, even the 44 server of TW is not populated right now, I guess that has to do with the game...

Nice logic. You yourself stated:

but well do I have to remember you that most (!) servers are empty nonetheless what mutators they run?

It's 8:50 am EST. Not many people are playing. Pfft.

Try not to contradict yourself next time.;)

Upvote 0
What can I say, this post has gone so far off topic that i cant seem to find my way back with a compass.

Anyways, I dont know about Armored Beasts, I've played the latest build and i remember getting results like one shotting a tiger in the front with a t34/85, what did you guys say that should penetrate from? well, this was from like, 25m so i dont see a problem with it. This is for all you there going, Ooooooo, t34/85 can NEVER penetrate a Tiger from the front(that sound dirty to anyone btw?) I dont know how many tigers were actually shot from across the room, but ill bet that would go through.

Anyways, I think the average player, exposed mostly to western movies and "intellectualism", can make a reasonable mistake in underestimating the 85mm on the t34. This doesnt apply to all you guys who actually know what youre talking about, of course.

As for the actual game, I think the Tiger really is underarmored, and that should be fixed, but the PzIIIs, well, those s***ed even in comparison to the early 34/76s, so, no comment there.

The Pz.IVs, imho, are kinda touchy, they should be good vs. 34/76s, but the 85mm can cut through them with no problem, however, seeing as how there seems to be little if no difference between the t34/76 and /85 in game, i cant really say which way the pzIVs should go.

Lastly, Panther =/= supertank. Its gun is allright i suppose, when it comes to t34s, but one shotting an Is-2 in the front, i dont think so. besides, theres a funny little quirk in the armor system which tends to make the panther nearly invincible from the front that should be addresssed, i mean if i'm a t34 shooting a perfectly angled panther with no results, thats great, but when i'm pouring round after round of 122mm death into its front glacis and it keeps boucing, well, somethings wrong.(besides i've read an account of a panther commander facing a group of is-2s, he tells of the panther next to his being hit in the front and the shell traveling completely through the tank and exploding outside.)

Discuss?

Upvote 0
The T-34/85 main gun was not what the Soviets expected in terms of fire power. It is weaker than they thought it would be( Vs German armour) and also the fact that that gun was more avaiable in large numbers than compared to some larger and more powerful gun tested on the tank. Though I agree it's weaker in the game than it should be.

The Panther's gun was a real tank killer and I see no problem for it to penatrate the IS2 in the front. I just get annoyed when the Panther's gun fails to penatrate the IS2 when it's even slightly angled at low ranges.

Upvote 0
Readme_of_AB said:
When facing the Tiger - fire at the hull ! You can kill a Tiger from IS-2 at almost any range in game (hull or turret). From a T-34/85 - aim for the hull, you have chances up to 900m with 0deg shot. The turret front is too thick to be defeated. Angled Tiger can be impossible to kill from T-34/85, maneuver to get 0deg shot at the hull or to get it from the side. The side of the Tiger can be defeated from up to... 2000m :-O from T-34/85 - this has to be checked, and up to 200m currently from T-34/76 (that would be late war ammo I guess).

And I tried that and was able to kill the Tiger if I'm facing it at around 0

Upvote 0
Angling ruins the tank battles. You could shoot your whole supply of AP ammo at an angled tank and not make one dent, with HE ammo the tank will eventually blow up.

The tanking is just about getting you tank angled and hoping that the enemy has a weaker tank or that he does not know how to angle. Trying to move into a better position is useless, as the enemy tank always has friends around that will stop your attempts of flanking.

The tanking would be so much more satisfying if it were based more on spotting and less on angles. Now there is very little point in trying to evade the shells or use the landscape for your advantage, as the IS2 is nearly immortal. This ****s a lot in maps like Konigsplatz, no-one can manuever through enemy AT infantry and the tanking turns into a match of ping pong until the tankers realize that it is futile and just start shooting at infantry.

Upvote 0