• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Axis Greatcoats ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Emperor

Grizzled Veteran
May 9, 2009
Milkyway
I do no longer remember how often this was requested by others or me. All I know it's been very often. In my opinion it's already pathetic that they weren't part of the original load out but it's really miserable that we still have to ask for them to this day.

Evidence (wartime photographs) of fighting Axis troops in the Kessel in winter show them in greatcoats. Yes, I know German greatcoats were originally made for temperatures of middle European winters. Still I know from my own experience that wearing a greatcoat over your field tunic allows you to last longer in the snow and the freezing wind.

As RO series always rendered you dead as you soon as you are no longer able to fight, I fairly wonder why Axis reinforcements are not instantly depleted on winter maps. Running around in winter the way Axis are now you won't last for long.

As the Red Army has already a greatcoat model it shouldn't be too hard to model one for the Germans as well.
And no, statements like "It will increase tk rate do not count", haven't you noticed that in summertime maps neither of the teams are wearing greatcoats, both are wearing field tunics. Also tk was part of war and so is part of RO.

There is evidence for their usage in the Kessel, there is community members requesting them, there is no excuse for them not being in the game: Get German greatcoats here!

Reactions: Sarkis.
I do no longer remember how often this was requested by others or me. All I know it's been very often. In my opinion it's already pathetic that they weren't part of the original load out but it's really miserable that we still have to ask for them to this day.

Evidence (wartime photographs) of fighting Axis troops in the Kessel in winter show them in greatcoats. Yes, I know German greatcoats were originally made for temperatures of middle European winters. Still I know from my own experience that wearing a greatcoat over your field tunic allows you to last longer in the snow and the freezing wind.

As RO series always rendered you dead as you soon as you are no longer able to fight, I fairly wonder why Axis reinforcements are not instantly depleted on winter maps. Running around in winter the way Axis are now you won't last for long.

As the Red Army has already a greatcoat model it shouldn't be too hard to model one for the Germans as well.
And no, statements like "It will increase tk rate do not count", haven't you noticed that in summertime maps neither of the teams are wearing greatcoats, both are wearing field tunics. Also tk was part of war and so is part of RO.

There is evidence for their usage in the Kessel, there is community members requesting them, there is no excuse for them not being in the game: Get German greatcoats here!

imho - lost in details...

I can only repeat myself, we need troop carriers above all other, because there were new possibilities for the mapping community and a new gameplay experience... Greatcoats are just for optics...

Upvote 0
Yes, greatcoats would be a nice visual...however, its far from "pathetic"..You shouldnt let a computer game make you "miserable".

Upvote 0
Not only greatcoats, they need a lot more player models, new faces, bald soldiers, guys without helmet, dirty ragged clothing, more faces in general, guys with long beard, guys with bandages around head or arm, these things would bring A LOT of immersion for the game, I'm really looking forward to see some new skins by players or general new player models from Tripwire.

Upvote 0
1. No-one ever said the Germans didn't have greatcoats at Stalingrad.
2. There are community members requesting LOTS of things.
3. There is no excuse - there are just priorities.

Work with Yoshiro as the community manager to get your requests heard. And if there simply isn't enough demand to raise greatcoats up the priority list, then they will stay low on it...

Upvote 0

Work with Yoshiro as the community manager to get your requests heard. And if there simply isn't enough demand to raise greatcoats up the priority list, then they will stay low on it...

Can we know what are the current priorities at TWI please? :confused:
More visuals (Greatcoats, clothes, faces, weapons condition) are as important as new maps or weapons IMHO. They are good boredom killers :D

Reactions: TrOOper
Upvote 0
Can we know what are the current priorities at TWI please? :confused:

I hope it's implementation of advertised features, like online multiplayer campaign.

A grand campaign over entire Stalingrad would have been amazing and would make lot of quirk balance issues with individual maps lot more forgivable due to this extra meta game that involves all the maps.

Upvote 0

Incredible, the first German greatcoat thread with a Tripwire statement! Guys, we did it! :)

I will then post a pm to Yoshiro then. Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
i'd rather have them fix other tehnical issues, work on new maps, etc. if they could get the greatcoats/general modeling upgrades patch in place and not forestall what i consider to be improvements to game playability/rediscovery (like what the bridges map has done for a lot of us who were tired of the same old maps) then yeah no brainer, go for it. [i realize twi did not make that map...]

If there was a means by which TWI could open source and integrate some of these low level things into the general build that would be great as well. Personally, i don't want them spending time on the little things, not unless they release them in large chunks of upgrades all at once. I worry about some of the other things getting "changed" for the worse in each new release and/or destabilization of some other elements - or who knows what.

yeah, yeah... go ahead a nd flame away now... the greatcoat is the future of all gaming... blah blah blah... gimmee realism or gimme death... :p

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.