• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AvP 2 (Requiem). Rated R for Ruddy Violent. (Film, not game)

"Warring alien and predator races descend on a small town, where unsuspecting residents must band together for any chance of survival"

Sure, that's a great plot for a film.

I can see the cliches now. There'll be a guy and a girl, a jock, a war vet etc etc
If they'd have just made "Prey" into a film the first one would have been good.

For ****s sake stop ruining things to make money you bunch of whores!!!!

*sigh*

Upvote 0
I don't expect "artistic merit", I expect not to insulted by another typical *cash in on the franchise* action movie i.e Transformers.

Just because it has cool aliens and lots of gore doesn't make it watchable, or instantly validate it's silly existance. Are you trying to indicate that Alien 1-3 and Predator 1&2 are just as stupid as AvP 1?

Don't even get me started on it, from the practically instant gestation of the alien egg to the predators disc and wrist blades being acid blood proof, but his helmet NOT?, or even the predator taking off his self destruct and throwing it away.

That film was just stupid.

The amount of literature there is about both aliens and predator gives endless possibility for a well written film that could feature just as much action and gore as the cheap action movie cash in equivalent

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you trying to indicate that Alien 1-3 and Predator 1&2 are just as stupid as AvP 1?
Predator 2 is. Its the same "lets make a movie with a tried and proven monster to cash in" deal.

Alien 1 is still the greatest of them all. It takes its time, it has interesting characters and it feels like an almost scientific depiction of contact with that lifeform that is the Alien. 10/10
#2 is a great action movie and has to get credit for that but sadly its nothing more. 8/10
#3 is a cool psychological thriller but the concept of a woman landing in a prison colony full of criminal men isn't played out as well as it could have possibly been. The first person Alien chase scene is legendary though. 8/10
Predator 1 almost feels like a hidden reference to Vietnam with soldiers who have supposedly seen everything and are prepared for everything suddenly have to face an invisible enemy and they have no idea how to counter him. I didn't quite get the meaning of the ending other than of course making Schwarzenegger look badass but I have seen the movie only three times up to now. I can't really judge it without getting a part of it but I'd say its somewhere between 8-9/10.

Boy, sure can't wait for the inevitable video game tie-in! :rolleyes:
:D *Clapping on the table*

Upvote 0
I like them all really, and I enjoyed Predator 2. It was different enough not to just be a cash in even though it slips up in a few places and is essentially Predator 1 in an urban setting.
Some thought has gone into it, it shows a little more of the Predator than the first film, it's an action film, Predator 1 imo is more like a thriller.
It wasn't thrown together with a piss poor cast of nobodies either you knew were gonna die...it has Danny Glover, and Bill Paxton.

Alien is great, I went to see it in the cinema when it was re-released and it's still one of the best films I've seen.
Aliens is good, but I'd like to see Colonial Marines looking more like the Marines from the literature (like Aliens Genocide), couple of silly things in it too (the oversized smart gun, slightly TOO macho 80's behaviour).
Alien 3 was good, even though again it was basically the same plot as the first film, told differently, in a different environment and it worked.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
No you're right - these films are all classics. But remember they all have corny bits in them.

There may be a large volume of literature written on both aliens and predators, I assume you prefer the backside it was pulled from than the one they're using for the film. They're comic book characters man.

Honestly, I bet you came out of the planet of the apes remake in a bad mood too. These are silly films you're not supposed to analyse - The AvP ones I mean, the "vanilla" movies do have more substance to them, you're right.

Upvote 0