• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Automatic key binds

You know, you can activate a voice chat menu in your game settings.
Which you can further control with your number keys.
i have mine on "v".
So if i press v23 it will say thanks.
I know but when we're getting surrounded or when I warn players by using another voice command, or simply use the wrong one, I have to wait a few seconds and sometimes lose my time to do so because I have to focus on what's at hand.
Would be really nice if there was an automatic binding.

Upvote 0
I know but when we're getting surrounded or when I warn players by using another voice command, or simply use the wrong one, I have to wait a few seconds and sometimes lose my time to do so because I have to focus on what's at hand.
Would be really nice if there was an automatic binding.

open the console and type in:

set input KEY speech ack 2

Replace KEY with whatever key you want and it'll say "Thanks!" whenever you press it, it's not automatic but it does reduce it to one button press so it's faster.

Upvote 0
open the console and type in:

set input KEY speech ack 2

Replace KEY with whatever key you want and it'll say "Thanks!" whenever you press it, it's not automatic but it does reduce it to one button press so it's faster.
I just noticed that they removed the anti radio spam system, so now I say thanks shortly after saying something else.

Didn't notice it, really.

Upvote 0
Or buy a cheap headset and actually talk. Way better than having to rely on the shoddy voice menu.

You'd think so but no. This game is the absolute worst for mics of any I've ever played. Even with volumes adjusted it's simply impossible to understand anyone over the mic. Use a mic and you'll think you've communicated your point, but all the other players will hear is "garble garble garble". If you're playing seriously and want the utility of headsets an alternate voicechat setup has to be arranged.

Upvote 0
You'd think so but no. This game is the absolute worst for mics of any I've ever played. Even with volumes adjusted it's simply impossible to understand anyone over the mic. Use a mic and you'll think you've communicated your point, but all the other players will hear is "garble garble garble". If you're playing seriously and want the utility of headsets an alternate voicechat setup has to be arranged.

Must be something on your end then because I rarely come across someone who has a bad mic.

Upvote 0