• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Australian players & servers?

The community is small, but still active for the most part. If you're getting 200-300ms pings though then you're playing on a US server. Last I checked (I've been offline at home for a while) GameArena was the main local server seeing action. It's usually full of an evening, but as most Aussie players are older guys who work through the day, don't expect to see many people in it until about 7pm or so. Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Rightio then, so out of curiosity have you guys bought this game through Steam? Also Psycho Chicken, Im from Brissie as well. Whenever I look for players on these servers there doesnt seem to be any one on them. I look at night also & on weekends but still haven't had any luck. Maybe cause i'm playing through Steam i'm not seeing the same servers in my list ?

Upvote 0
I don't even know if the retail version is readily available out here - everyone I know outside Europe and some parts of the US got RO through Steam. Far as I can tell there are no significant differences (if there are any differences at all) between Steam and store retail RO, so you should be seeing servers from both.

Mght be worth checking if your net setup is suited to RO (port forwarding and the like) as GA usually has 10-40 players on it between about 7 and 1 on any given night. As for the Aussie community, I know of 4 major clans that are either entirely home-grown or which have a strong Aussie contingent (RATS, TOG, 3rd, DOWOZ) and a fair few unattached players or blokes from more international clans and units (me being one of the latter, as far as I know there are no Aussie realism units going - expect that'll change when Mare Nostrum releases, though).

Once I get my own net sorted out, I'll be back ingame and in the GA server too... just moved into a shared place near uni and it still hasn't been installed properly
emot-argh.gif

Upvote 0
I did buy mine off Steam, but I think most of us did.

As far as seeing the servers is concerned, if you're using the in-game browser then you should be seeing pretty much every server there is. There's just no guarantee that there'll be anyone in them at various times of day. I'd check, but I'm out at Mt Isa atm and won't be back online in Brissie for another three weeks.

My suggestion would be to just keep trying. It tends to start slow, maybe only 8 people for about an hour or so, but after that there's a trickle of players coming in and before long it's filled to capacity. Certainly you can play on US servers and I have done many times (back in the mod days there was no other option). A higher ping will be a disadvantage, but it's far less of one than it would be in something more twitchy like CS or Quake. A local server will always be better in the long run though.

Upvote 0
Cool thanks, i've now found poeple playing on the aussie servers, like you said it does start out slow but they do fill. I also dont really mind playing the US servers if i have to. One thing i know is the more i play this game the more i'm liking it. Still finding it hard to determine friend from foe in some instances though. Thanks to all that are being patient though. :eek:

Upvote 0