• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad Australian KF Players

Downwrd

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 25, 2009
Was just looking for some ppl who regularly play KF in aus. Either in a clan or even just a steam group of players i dont really mind, but ppl who just want to play for a bit of fun, nothing too serious. Getting really sick of the pubbers that play this game

australian player here too. i wish the major server providers like Gamearena and EGL etc provide long games and with more difficulty levels rather than 4 wave beginner stuff.

oh and the patriarch is very easy to kill on normal, just chase him and keep shooting him with the hunting shotgun as it seems to stun him as well. plus don't let him heal ;)

Upvote 0
Well if any of you are interested in playing some time just add me to steam friends (same name as on forums "downwrd") and send me a msg so i know who you are or just send me a pm here on the forums ;)
I also prefer to play the long game modes and don't mind FF being enabled some of the time for a bit of a laugh. And yes its a bit of a joke all the short (4wave) servers that are set to beginner.Its rather disappointing. Have many of the customs too if you ever want to have a bash at them.

Upvote 0
i wish the major server providers like Gamearena and EGL etc provide long games and with more difficulty levels rather than 4 wave beginner stuff.

You gotta suggest that on their forums if you want that to happen. I suggested 3FL to add the high quality voice codec and they put that on.

But yeah, if there's not already a steam group someone needs to set one up. Get some games on minus the ragequitting.

Upvote 0
Aus player here. play a fair bit.

medic 3 (almost 4)
supports 2 or 3
Sharps 3
commando 2
firebug 1
beserker 2

:)

i prefer the medic myself with a LAR and handcannons later.

got the patriarch acievements for the LAW kill and normal long on biotics, not that its that hard.

always up for a good game whem i'm at home

Steam id = Sogrin159

Upvote 0
Nuke here, usually play by myself on the Suicidal servers. You can usually find me there, in the 3FL, GameArena or whatever available Aussie Server that has Suicidal Long.

As for my Perks:

Medic - 5
Support - 4
Sharpshooter - 3
Commando - 2
Berserker - 5
Firebug - 3

EDIT: I dont use mic, and I never have for Hard and Normal Long either.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi all,

I just went and got my own Game Server (not a whole machine, just one game with 6 slots).

Most of my mates won't buy KillingFloor because it's "too scary" ! - shandy-drinking girls blouses...
So I'll have to find some fellow KF players online.

It's a public server and you'll find it on the normal Steam server list.
I've called it "Blubber Ducky KF Server" and it's in Sydney (Australia)

I have this setup so far:

• FriendlyFire = 50%
  • Normal difficulty
  • Normal length (7 waves)
  • Map Voting
  • Kick Voting
  • Custom Maps: KF-Prison, KF-Biohazard, KF-Marshes, KF-TrailOfTheWoods, KF-DarkRoads
  • Removed the claustrophobic maps I don't like (KF-BioticsLab, KF-Offices)
  • Mic off
At the moment I'm:
Medic-3
Support-4
Sharpshooter-3
Commando-2
Berserker-2
Firebug-2

I'm willing to change any settings in the name of fun.
I would like to keep some friendly fire on, though. It leaves us the option of shooting people out of the doorway ;-)

PS, I've played a lot since my last post, and finally beat the patriarch - many times.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I stared on Normal, then on Hard, now I'm on Suicidal, so you might have played with me. I also play on Hard sometimes with friends I know because they feel they arent ready for Suicidal yet. (Neither am I but I love it)

I should finish off normal and hard long war achievement by doing it solo but I'm a bit lazy *shrug*.

But sure if I see your server I'll jump on.

Upvote 0
I've since changed FriendlyFire to 10% (down from 50).
And the game style to Long (ie 10 waves).

10% seems a good number to me; it gives you a little nip-on-the-butt for shooting or blowing up or knifing your friends, but doesn't punish you much. It hurts enough to remind you that the game is real.
I don't want to be let off scott-free while grenading and shooting into a group of team mates, in a lazy effort to keep the enemy away - without the proper skill of positioning and attack.

Some players have a habit of knifing each other while waiting for the shop to close... They'll learn.

I changed game to Long because it's really the official level - the only one you can earn achievements on.

Last edited:
Upvote 0