• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Aufmarsch: The Great War 1914-1918

what do we have to do to the editor wrt setting the map to be a ww1 map, so we can get throwing together our own bad knockoffs of deriwanberg? is it something relatively simple like in hotw where we change a dropdown thing in the worldinfo screen?

Do you have the mod set up in your unpublshed Folder?
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=112380

If you want to change the teams on the map, change the mapInfo to whichever front you want then u will need to redo all the roles.

Upvote 0
We had our first online test tonight! The mod is quite stable but there were a number of small bugs to fix; which I have managed to compile a list of.

I will be posting a patch in the next couple weeks, and keep people informed about upcoming content! Most likely the next thing to be added will be Eastern Front maps, which include the Imperial Russian Army, after we'll be moving on to new content :)

Special thanks to Bloodmalice and the RO2 Bloodbath Community Servers for hosting the event!

Edit: here's the buglist I compiled; if anyone noticed bugs beyond this, please share them!
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just released the first two Eastern Front maps if anyone wants to go try them out :)

The 2 new maps are great, and the variation in the height of the terrain is a nice feature.
Just a few small things that can be adjusted to improve things visually:

Lvov-
Black sky visible (sky dome needs lowering)
In-game map image needs centering
German weapons are labeled as PPS-41/42

Muryevo-
Black sky visible (sky dome needs lowering)
Dominant light needs to be positioned correctly to avoid having 2 suns visible
Green area visible on the in-game map (Map image needs centering)

-Additionally you could try editing the exponential height fog settings to haze out the background hills on both maps to get rid of the artificial look of the tiling texture.

Attachments

• 20160415202708_1.jpg
    20160415202708_1.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20160415203255_1.jpg
    20160415203255_1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 0
  • 20160415202828_1.jpg
    20160415202828_1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20160415203239_1.jpg
    20160415203239_1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
After i subscribed to Aufmarsch on Steam i get "Downloading 0%" and "Download failed".
I tried unsubscribing and subscribing again, but i still get this error in the start menu in the game. It's obviously stuck in a corrupt loop, because this happens every time I start the game. Please tell me where these downloaded files are located so I can delete them and start fresh. Or is there anything else I can do to get rid of the error ?

Thanks

Upvote 0
I had that problem. You may need to unsubscribe, delete any content in the folder where it was downloading to (for me it was one of the files in steam/userdata) then subscribe again to get a fresh start.

Btw, there is an issue with Lvov where it may crash the first time you try to play it.
That happened to me at first, but it has been running fine since then.
Although it still crashes if you try to open it in the SDK, so there probably is an issue with the file.

Upvote 0
After i subscribed to Aufmarsch on Steam i get "Downloading 0%" and "Download failed".
I tried unsubscribing and subscribing again, but i still get this error in the start menu in the game. It's obviously stuck in a corrupt loop, because this happens every time I start the game. Please tell me where these downloaded files are located so I can delete them and start fresh. Or is there anything else I can do to get rid of the error ?

Thanks

They're located in: MyGames under RoGame/published.

Upvote 0