• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Aufmarsch: The Great War 1914-1918

KF1, BF3, and BF4 all have iron sight zoom. What they don't have is shift zoom which I can do without.

They really don't. Disabling zoom in RO2 turns it down to basically -1 or 2 FOV - there is still a VERY slight amount of zoom. Infact in BF3 and 4 the 'zoom' feels identical to IOM.

Keeping the default 'zoom' of RO2 is about -10 just for SMGs, and much higher for Rifles, enabling them to actually pick up targets at longer ranges - quite hard to believe considering the human eye doesn't 'change' depending on what kind of open-sighted gun you aim. I would actually have an easier time believing a slight amount of 'shift-zoom' providing the same depth for EVERY gun, and usable in ANY stance (including sprint) - exactly like how ArmA handles it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
kill it !!
Kill it with fire !!!
:is2:
:d
Are those the little white dots on the edge of the screen that indicate an enemy just outside of the FOV? Because if so, then yes, those things need to go. They're particularly bad in RS, where they have the magical ability to see through foliage, but even in a WW1 setting, they just aren't realistic at all. Peripheral vision is attracted by movement, not by snipers hidden 100m away in the corners of one's vision.

Upvote 0
Hey guys! There will be a 'proper' release in the next couple of months. It will feature a variety of improvements, additional features, and more realistic uniforms. First I will be finishing up IOM Alpha 5, and then Aufmarsch will be done after.

Here is work-in-progress late war German uniform (mesh / skin edit by Rikugun and myself):

939248acc0e063c37d49f6cd2b69e298.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Small update on the mapping front. I've gotten another Eastern Front map to a decent state of completion, AME-Muryevo, although there are still some character model issues to be sorted out before we can release the Eastern front side of things. This second map is also very forest heavy and smaller, but I've learned a lot about making trenches from this one that moving forward should allow for better looking earthworks that blend with and adapt to terrain more than the typical slit trenches that feature extensively in the maps like Mamayev (primarily by copying ruthlessly from Demyansk. Here are some pics:

Attachments

• 2016-01-12_00009.jpg
    2016-01-12_00009.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2016-01-12_00001.jpg
    2016-01-12_00001.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2016-01-12_00010.jpg
    2016-01-12_00010.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 2016-01-12_00005.jpg
    2016-01-12_00005.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2016-01-12_00007.jpg
    2016-01-12_00007.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I'm trying to make map for Aufmarsch, but by following this:

Notes on install:

The information regarding how to install HOTW for making maps applies to Aufmarsch as well.
You will need to follow it and add in the package names that Aufmarsch uses instead of the ones in HOTW.

I dont really get what I have to type here
EditPackages=WFGame
EditPackages=WFGameContent
Is it AWMGame and GameContent or smth else?

Upvote 0
I'm trying to make map for Aufmarsch, but by following this:

Notes on install:

The information regarding how to install HOTW for making maps applies to Aufmarsch as well.
You will need to follow it and add in the package names that Aufmarsch uses instead of the ones in HOTW.

I dont really get what I have to type here
EditPackages=WFGame
EditPackages=WFGameContent
Is it AWMGame and GameContent or smth else?
Haven't installed it, but it should be this:
Code:
[ModPackages]
ModPackagesInPath=..\..\ROGame\Src
ModOutputDir=..\..\ROGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Script
[COLOR="Yellow"]Modpackages=AWMGame
Modpackages=AWMGameContent[/COLOR]
~Edit I'm braindead today, it should be this:
Code:
[COLOR="Yellow"]
Editpackages=AWMGame
Editpackages=AWMGameContent[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Edit: We now have a Steam Workshop release of the mod! We'll likely see Dammerung uploaded by Nymets shortly for our first Western Front map, followed by some Eastern Front maps by Boudu. You will need maps to play the mod, similar to HOTW.

what do we have to do to the editor wrt setting the map to be a ww1 map, so we can get throwing together our own bad knockoffs of deriwanberg? is it something relatively simple like in hotw where we change a dropdown thing in the worldinfo screen?

Upvote 0
what do we have to do to the editor wrt setting the map to be a ww1 map, so we can get throwing together our own bad knockoffs of deriwanberg? is it something relatively simple like in hotw where we change a dropdown thing in the worldinfo screen?

In the editor? If you were the maker of Der Iwanberg I'd say it'd function just like editing HOTW maps, yes - you choose a 'gameinfo' (in this case there's Aufmarsch East AND West to choose from) and then set up the Squad's roles. Now I'm not a map maker so I can't explain this as well as someone such as Nymets would. But on the topic, I would also encourage to change all the on-map Heavy Machineguns to the AM (AufMarsch) version (since at some point we may do a proper MG08, but for now the AM version of 'German Maxim1910' is more realistic than MG34s in WW1.) Additionally Rocket Artillery is a no-no for an authentic experience, and obviously the WW2 vehicles as well, though I don't suspect all this is on Der Iwanberg.

Upvote 0