• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Aufmarsch: The Great War 1914-1918

Does anyone still have contact with GreatHero from Grabenkrieg team?

You might be able to get a hold of him on ModDB. Was last on yesterday. Was on here 4 days ago too.

http://www.moddb.com/members/greathero

If only those uniforms Kaminski was rolling could be nabbed. I remember stalking his profile on some website and saw these killer uniforms that hadn't been posted in the Grabenkrieg thread yet but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Upvote 0
Early work on my Western Front Night Map

Anyone know what color Flares were in WW1?

Spoiler!

AUFMARSCH_SIGNature2.jpg

Upvote 0
I think most were yellowish as that was the easiest to make with magnesium. But they could be any colour really. Green flares were rather popular for illumination purposes as well. Illumination flares mostly emitted White light with a very slight tinge of the colour of the flare. Whereas a signal flare isn't as bright and will mostly emit light in the colour of the flare. So a red signal flare would make everything red while a green illumination flare would not make everything green.

Upvote 0
Yeah smoke was launched by artillery pretty much. Either a launched smoke candle or a shell that just exploded into smoke. And they were late war after they had figured out proper tactics. Blow them the **** up, launch smoke then charge. Rather than taking pot shots then charging.

Smoke grenades were experimented with but never officially adopted by anyone I don't think.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If I may enquire; why will we be receiving another mod with the Americans present, more so when their impact and presence in the Great War is minimal. I'd much rather see the French and // or the British on the Western front.

Doh.

Americans already exist in the base game, so modifying them for WW1 rather than making a new Country from scratch is much easier. Who knows what the future holds though.....

Upvote 0
Hi mates,

found this in the forum:

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=86631&highlight=grabenkrieg&page=21[/URL]

, perhaps it s of interest for your project. Uniform, weapon etc looks pretty good, and the map too. I think blitzkriegbob could be helpful with maps and stuff like the greatheroguy you talked about.
Hope to see your modproject running as fast as possible, great idea!

Best wishes

TheOne
Yeah, this was from awhile ago, in fact I think they're trying to reinvent it.

Upvote 0
If I may enquire; why will we be receiving another mod with the Americans present, more so when their impact and presence in the Great War is minimal. I'd much rather see the French and // or the British on the Western front.

Doh.

You are completely right.
I guess you have made french or british soldiers uniforms for us already?

Upvote 0
I'm sure we could, it's a matter of the scale of the task (also I have heard Quebec accents are greatly different; as much as a Brit vs. an American.) As has been said, we opted for US on release because they only require subtle modification. This gives us breathing room; if we set ourselves unrealistic goals, we may end up dead like Grabenkrieg or in development like Verdun for 9 years.

I would suspect Brits may see life in some content after the release. French are far off, but anything is possible.
Our first step and plan is to just release the mod, and see if the community even LIKES it. If they don't, then that's that. If they do like it, our next step will be making the existing factions more realistic and authentic, and then we may consider tackling the British Bulldog.

And again there is always the problem of the Germans going around yelling 'ivan' this and 'stalin' that ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are completely right.
I guess you have made french or british soldiers uniforms for us already?

I was not aware that the American uniforms currently in use are suitable for the Great War. I do not see any images of the western front in the OP and thus assumed that you do not have any. As such, I questioned why the Americans have been chosen rather than the British and/or French, assuming a clean slate was required.

Apologies for lacking insight beyond mere mortals.

Upvote 0