• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Aufmarsch: The Great War 1914-1918

Panzer Jager '43

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2010
The mod's first release is now on Steam Workshop! Maps will soon follow (likely tonight or during this week.)

Steam Workshop Page

Dammerung Map Page

Notes on developing Maps for Aufmarsch:

The information regarding how to install HOTW for making maps applies to Aufmarsch as well.
You will need to follow it and add in the package names that Aufmarsch uses instead of the ones in HOTW.

Important!
-Use only AMRoleInfo classes.
-Use only AMTurrets for HMGs instead of RO2 or RS Turrets. One day these may get improved models.
-Don't use AMRoleInfoGerFlamethrower_WF on the Eastern Front maps (unknown issues may arise.)
-Don't use Rocket Artillery or any Vehicles.
-We suggest and encourage Mortars and standard Artillery to recharge quickly and be available in surplus, but this is not necessary.

After that, for each map you will need to create .INI files for it to work in RO2 (not just the SDK.) This is a similar process to HOTW.
Please prefix your maps AMW for West, or AME for East.
This is an example of what you will need in your .ini File:

WestFront INI
Spoiler!

East Front INI
Spoiler!

Information about the mod:
Spoiler!

Join the Steam Group

Contributors:
-Boudu "Dziga Vertov"
-Postamenos
-r0tzbua
-Comrade AAZ
-Joe "RandomPerson78642"
-TremozL "Panzer Jager '43"
-"CommanderShepard"
-Coin-God
-CannonBall
-nymets1104
-Rikugun Taisa Dancho

What's with the name?

Aufmarsch refers to the German Army deployment plans for the East and West fronts prior to the declaration of war with France and Russia. The 'Schlieffen plan' was developed by Field Marshall Alfred von Schlieffen, and they were put into use in the opening days of the war in mobilizing and moving troops to the appropriate fronts.

Attachments

• Imperial Russian.jpg
    Imperial Russian.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 0
  • MN1891.jpg
    MN1891.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-09-06_00001.jpg
    2015-09-06_00001.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-09-06_00006.jpg
    2015-09-06_00006.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 2015-09-04_00001.jpg
    2015-09-04_00001.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Good approach doing baby steps. I rather get solid bits and peaces instead of waiting for a great ambitious pack which is never released.
Not to fond of "no zoom" only. Would be nice if one could choose likre in IMO, but perhaps technically not possible, yet.

It is possible but generally requires double the work for all weapon files and modifications to other core scripts. We aren't ruling a 'realism' mode out yet but it won't be in the first release; we'll be looking to see community reaction first.

Upvote 0
Are there any plans for custom meshes in the works for this mod yet or should map makers make do with the stock meshes or personally designed meshes for the maps?

I am not sure we would need much really. Maybe some destroyed tanks (Especially for the Western front 1918) or WW1 era artillery pieces. Early 1900's model cars or trucks perhaps too. Just to set the era a bit. There was a lot of work put into trench models I know on the other mod, but I am going to see what I can piece together from the RO2 meshes on hand. Der Iwan BErg and No Mans hill had some good examples.

Upvote 0
Are there any plans for custom meshes in the works for this mod yet or should map makers make do with the stock meshes or personally designed meshes for the maps?

I am not sure we would need much really. Maybe some destroyed tanks (Especially for the Western front 1918) or WW1 era artillery pieces. Early 1900's model cars or trucks perhaps too. Just to set the era a bit. There was a lot of work put into trench models I know on the other mod, but I am going to see what I can piece together from the RO2 meshes on hand. Der Iwan BErg and No Mans hill had some good examples.

We don't have a big enough team to consider environmental assets; all that'll be available (unless we find some dedicated modeller) will be the stuff in RO2.

The mod is starting extremely light + small scale; we have basically only 1-2 "new" weapons on release. If there is interest in it, then maybe we'll find someone who wants to do env-assets once we get some publicity :)

CannonBall said:
Although with things like this its usually best to wait until the creator of the mod releases the code base for mappers first so we know its fully functional.
Not quite sure what you mean with that. It's working right now, and release this month (or October at worst) will function very similarly to HOTW. Once I release this 'code-base' it'll just be up to mappers to change the roles + objective type.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Has anybody messaged about maps? Thinking of Cantigny right now but I wouldn't want to start if someone else was already on it. On another note, that's a very nice model, CannonBall!

Im planning a smaller West Front Night map right now, nothing historically based necessarily, but have also started tossing around an idea for Belleau Wood.

Upvote 0