• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Aufmarsch: The Great War 1914-1918

I would highly recommend uploading this to the workshop if you are going to start doing events. As while theoretically it should work downloaded from a redirect HOTW sometimes has issues when downloaded this way. Don't known why. It sometimes works sometimes doesn't. Aufsmarche may have similar issues. Not to mention its large. Thuogh some maps are of course still bigger.

Upvote 0
We are going to upload to workshop once we have a solid release. We have lots of things we want to refine and features that need to be implemented first. This beta test was just to see how to get it working online - which we have now accomplished after our first test. In the future we will have a workshop release, more weapons, replacements for the placeholders, and improved soldier uniforms, as well as more maps (at the moment we have roughly 2 in development and 1 complete.) Cheers and thanks for support :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Beta Test V3!

Reminder: This content is NOT COMPLETE!

Install:

Please extract to your ROGame folder
Example:

C:\Documents and Settings\MyUserName\My Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame

You will then be able to play the map Dammerung by Nymets, either on a community server, OR by accessing it offline in the RO2 Menu -> Steamworkshop -> Custom modes.

Download

Known Issues:
Spoiler!

If you're playing and notice something not on the known issues list , please let us know! :)

Upvote 0
For next update, remember this:

There is a missing 6 in the config file. Mapname= should be same as the map file name and as the ini section name, all three have to be the same (I corrected it on my server)
Code:
FILE: [U]AMW-Dammerung6[/U].roe

INI:
[[U]AMW-Dammerung6[/U] ROUIDataProvider_MapInfo]
MapName=[U]AMW-Dammerung[COLOR="DarkOrange"][B]6[/B][/U][/COLOR]

Also, please add (I already done it on my server) the line
Code:
DisplayName="Aufmarsch: The Great War 1914-1918"
in the INT Localization file at section [AM_WesternFront_GameInfoTerritories] to show this in the game type on the Change Map page in webadmin instead of ?Rogame?blabla?AMFblabla?blabla?uglything?blabla (copy my line after the bot name)

Code:
[AM_WesternFront_GameInfoTerritories]
AxisBotNames[0]="Erhard"
AxisBotNames[1]="Viktor"
AxisBotNames[2]="Manfred"
AxisBotNames[3]="Otto"
AxisBotNames[4]="Johannes"
AxisBotNames[5]="Erich"
AxisBotNames[6]="Bruno"
AxisBotNames[7]="Max"
AxisBotNames[8]="Hermann"
AxisBotNames[9]="Horst"
AxisBotNames[10]="Ernst"
AxisBotNames[11]="Wilhelm"
AxisBotNames[12]="Heinrich"
AxisBotNames[13]="Heinz"
AxisBotNames[14]="Hans"
AxisBotNames[15]="Werner"
AxisBotNames[16]="Paul"
AxisBotNames[17]="Axel"
AxisBotNames[18]="Gerhard"
AxisBotNames[19]="Friedrich"
AxisBotNames[20]="Georg"
AxisBotNames[21]="Kurt"
AxisBotNames[22]="Hugo"
AxisBotNames[23]="Walter"
AxisBotNames[24]="Gunther"
AxisBotNames[25]="Gustav"
AxisBotNames[26]="Karl"
AxisBotNames[27]="Klaus"
AxisBotNames[28]="Fritz"
AxisBotNames[29]="Dieter"
AxisBotNames[30]="Franz"
AxisBotNames[31]="Ludwig"
DisplayName="Aufmarsch: The Great War 1914-1918"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Also I noticed when extracting the mod that it is replacing files... same name, different size, for WP_Shovel isn't it conflicting with IOM mod? be carefull with that.. Maybe it is on my side I don't remember if I already extracted V2 before V3 (but I don't think so) so it is maybe replacing the IOM Shovel........ Heroes of the West got a separate folder in Packages.. this way all the mod files in one place, not mixed up with other mods..)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Got lots of great feedback on the Aufmarsch Mod.
Of course, we would need way more players but already the athmosphere is here and the map greatly done.

Few problems on the cap zones that can be easily capped by one player.

I think adding WF to Aufmarsch Event is necessary as Aufmarsch is pretty empty still and we need almost 5-6 maps to make an event

Thanx for the great work!
28 players at top!!!

Upvote 0
Yeah. While I don't really like smaller maps too much one or two smaller maps for the mod would work nicely. Right now the current one is scanning for the odd bit of movement. Good shooting practice mind.

The one thing people seemed to have beef with related to getting the mod to work. As with most of the HotW games I imagine people just drifted on wondering what this new Drumbiwumbiwum map is and suddenly they cant spawn. Some people were suggesting a workshop page, which would be good eventually, but I think you are almost at the limit as it is with just under 100MB?

The killcam needed turning off and zoom needed to be tweaked though.

I'll make one of my spastic videos when there is map for the Russians added.

Upvote 0
The zoom and other features havent been modified yet:

-None of the gameplay functions have yet been modified outside of RO2's normal Realism and Classic modes (that will come later.)
-Some weapons and/or grenades have anachronistic placeholders (such as the M2 Flamethrower.)
-Many soldier textures etc are work-in-progress and will change later on.
-Gewehr 98 has a variety of issues associated with it, pretty much in every department. (sound, anim etc)
-Bayonets are not able to be attached / detached (that will come later.)
-Some weapons do not have proper icons for their "kill messages".

Upvote 0
The mod has no setting for zoom as far as I know, and there is no setting in official game to remove it.

Also, I don't know why you added this in the ini, as these settings are already in the ROGame.ini and may conflict with them:
Code:
[ROGame.ROGameInfoTerritories]
bUseReadySystem=false
bUseMatchWarmup=false
WarmupRoundDuration=0
KillMessageDelay=0.0
KillMessageMode=ROKMM_All
bMeleeOnly=false
bAllowDeadRoaming=true
bAllowViewpointSpectating=true
bAllowKillCamera=false
ReinforcementTimeScale=1.0
bDisableTimeLimit=false
bDisableReinforcementLimit=false
ReinforcementScale=1.0
bUseCapturesForTieBreaking=false
GameTypeDisplay=Territories
GameTypeDescription=TerritoriesDescription
GameTips=TerritoriesTip1
GameTips=TerritoriesTip2
GameTips=TerritoriesTip3
GameTips=TerritoriesTip4
GameTips=TerritoriesTip5
GameTips=TerritoriesTip6
GameTips=TerritoriesTip7
GameTips=TerritoriesTip8
GameTips=TerritoriesTip9
GameTips=TerritoriesTip10
GameTips=TerritoriesTip11
bLockdownEnabled=true
bShowVictimKilledFromRange=true

If there was killcam yesterday, it was not intended and maybe something went wrong with those duplicate settings. I will remove those lines from INI (killcam was enabled this morning again..)

Still need answer on that matter: [QUOTE=

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sorry, AAZ cannot answer for stuff pertaining to files, coding etc.. he doesn't have a developer build. Thanks for the help with the config stuff, I will update it in the future; it was based on the WF-Apartments .ini file.

As to the question you posed, I included the WP_Shovel because we need it for Aufmarsch on it's own. If I had not included it, and you did not have IOM installed, it would have been missing. It also is exactly the same file in IOM so there is no conflict. This is the advantage of it being in a private package, as opposed to SoundMutatorWeapons or something of the sort. Similarly some Aufmarsch weapons may be added to IOM at some point in the future.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK so the file mismatch on my computer My Game folder is surely because I have the alpha 4 IOM instead of workshop IOM I guess and those files may be different in official IOM and Alpha 4 IOM. I will investigate when I will get more time on this week end.

edit: Still I think having a mod folder in package would be interesting for this case where some files are shared between mods to avoid this kind of problem when mod got alpha updates or things like that

Last edited:
Upvote 0