Aufmarsch: The Great War 1914-1918

• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Panzer Jager '43

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2010
I was not aware that the American uniforms currently in use are suitable for the Great War. I do not see any images of the western front in the OP and thus assumed that you do not have any. As such, I questioned why the Americans have been chosen rather than the British and/or French, assuming a clean slate was required.

Apologies for lacking insight beyond mere mortals.

The uniforms do require some modification but this would be to the same extent as the current WW1 Ger / Russian; simply a reskin of existing models. We want to improve on them at some point but for now reskins are fine. I am currently in contact with AMG to get the Brodie Helmet and throw that on the US Troops.

More importantly, many of the US weapons are available for WW1. The M1903, M1911, M12 Shotgun, M1917 HMG, and M1918 BAR are all suitable. If we were to tackle Brits or French, we'd have nothing to start with.

Lemonater47

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 25, 2014
It is the wrong brodie helemt for WW1. It's The Mk2 rather than the Mk1.

But yes that's pretty much the only british thing around that would sorta fit.

OneandOnly

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 28, 2015
Hi mates,

nice very good looking items, but i think they look a bit new , not used, if possible make it a bit older looking then its perfect!

TheOne

Dziga Vertov

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 22, 2013
Hi mates,

nice very good looking items, but i think they look a bit new , not used, if possible make it a bit older looking then its perfect!

TheOne

Well the nades at least should look new, cause they are nades. I mean the only time you take them out of the crate to use them they are coming straight from the factory.

1conu59

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 28, 2011
Lille
gfa.xooit.fr
Well the nades at least should look new, cause they are nades. I mean the only time you take them out of the crate to use them they are coming straight from the factory.

Thank you for this sensible words !

Indeed items you see in a museum or a war movie is not what soldiers used, because there's 100 years between them and us. So weapons, nades, tools looked brand new. (Except maybe tools crafted on the field) All game developers are wong when they do it worn.

Last edited:

The Count

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 13, 2015
Wow! Well done! This looks good! The music was extremely foreboding, and dark. This should be quite interesting:)

Panzer Jager '43

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 15, 2010
Glad you like it :) I'm hoping to finish up some issues with the UI (Japanese Icons instead of German etc is the only real issue with the mod at the very moment.) With some luck we could release by this coming weekend :)

As to the music, I was quite inspired by Richard Wagner:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncbHEKkdxIM

Last edited:

The Count

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 13, 2015
Well definitely looking forward to it:)
Are you doing to add more of your own music into the mod? Like dynamic music and stuff?