• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Audio Distortion (7.1 help)

Jemendithas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 26, 2014
Hello, Bonjour.

I have a Steelseries Siberia Elite that uses 7.1 surround. When I play this game, the sound becomes (after a few mins) horribly distorted. I have had this isse before with some other games, coming to the conclusion that the game is simply not compatible with surround (switching my head set (through windows sound) to stereo). This, of course, makes me sad, because I paid more money for surround.

HOWEVER, I believe I read somewhere that this game DOES in fact support surround. So my question is, does anyone know what my issue could be?

All of the threads on this topic I could find were from release, and although I attempted to follow some of there suggestions, I came to have no success.

I don't understand what "max channels" does, but I manually increased it in the documents folder (I left out the other folders) because it would not adjust properly in game.

Thank-you for the help!