• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Attention...it tales more than one person to operate a tank

1. Elimination of the instant vehicle in/out and position change to increase the advantage of having those positions crewed.

ive wanted that for a long long time - and a cool animation to go with it. and according to my sources somewhere in an obsure part of russia it was going to be in full release but didnt make it. hopefuly its still planned to make it into the game at some later stage.

Upvote 0
DirtyGuio said:
Yeah Stug is a team tank , that's why you absolutely need to be alone in !

I love going solo in the Stug. I've yet to find somebody that drives it good enough to help. I did have one driver that jumped out and used his binoculars to spot for me. That worked great. He ran aways off and could see what was coming and I would change my ammo (AP for armored, HE for soft) and get the tank pointed in the general direction. Now that was teamwork cause he wasn't getting any score for helping me.

Upvote 0
Vietnow said:
I understand where this is coming from however i usually go solo in tanks for 2 reasons.

1. the driver is an idiot and wont stop or angle the tank when i say.

or

2. the gunner cant aim for crap.

i find that its just as quick to drive around till you see a tank then quickly switch to gunner and aim and shoot than it is to have a 2 man team. I'm not an expert but i hold my own in a tank often getting 3 tank kills before dying myself

You're preaching to the choir here. I can never seem to get the driver to understand how to angle...and as a driver...I'm constantly calling targets that the commander never even turns to look at!!!! I've seen him swing the turret right past the target many times...without seeing it! Hell, I don't even have a magnified view.

Upvote 0
Theodrake said:
I love going solo in the Stug. I've yet to find somebody that drives it good enough to help. I did have one driver that jumped out and used his binoculars to spot for me. That worked great. He ran aways off and could see what was coming and I would change my ammo (AP for armored, HE for soft) and get the tank pointed in the general direction. Now that was teamwork cause he wasn't getting any score for helping me.

Dead drivers score for an enemy tank, why don't drivers score for a kill? or perhaps for each glanced shot?

If a driver scored a point for each shot that glanced off his tank, lets face it, it all depends on the driver, perhaps they would try a little harder....

Hmmmm.

Upvote 0
Harry S. Truman said:
Dead drivers score for an enemy tank, why don't drivers score for a kill? or perhaps for each glanced shot?

If a driver scored a point for each shot that glanced off his tank, lets face it, it all depends on the driver, perhaps they would try a little harder....

Hmmmm.

Driver does get the same score as the commander.

It was just in this case the driver jumped out and got a better view of the enemy. Since the Stug has a limited gun traversal and even when I was unbuttoned I had a more limited field of view. He on the other hand went to some high ground and could see the enemy movements long before I did. He then told what I could expect to be targetting and from where they were moving. I then could position the Stug and select the proper round. He didn't get any score as he wasn't in the tank.

Upvote 0
Theodrake said:
Driver does get the same score as the commander.

It was just in this case the driver jumped out and got a better view of the enemy. Since the Stug has a limited gun traversal and even when I was unbuttoned I had a more limited field of view. He on the other hand went to some high ground and could see the enemy movements long before I did. He then told what I could expect to be targetting and from where they were moving. I then could position the Stug and select the proper round. He didn't get any score as he wasn't in the tank.

While that is nice teamwork, that really are what you have infantry for. That and protection from enemy infantry. I have been in the stug as a driver on ogledow, flanking the hill and protecting it from counter attacks. And everytime I called out a target my gunner did the right thing. We almost closed that side of the map down singlehanded.
The fact that we also was near topscore really doesnt matter, as long as we do the job.

Upvote 0
King Ragnar said:
Another reason i like solo tanking even more now, I was in an Is-2 on Konigsplatz by myself happily shooting down advancing Germans and shooting the tiger few seconds later, some complete noob and idiot gets into the driver seats moves us a few metres forward and straight into a ditch, then he gets out because the tank is stuck.

Case closed.

But if you had a cooperative driver with you in the tank in first place, then no noob could get in your tank and drive it away. You actually made a point for not going solo ;-) Think about it ...

Upvote 0
Doubling up in tanks is so much more satisfying on this game. It is easy to do (using the clock system to call out targets) and whenever ive found someone who thinks the same way, my score skyrockets! Its just a shame that there are so many people who solo :(

On public servers I usually ask over the coms/type a message asking if anyone wants to work together in a tank, there are even times when I just wait for someone to get in, but it is becoming rarer that anyone does

Upvote 0
I'll just post the message from the other thread. Sorry about that:

Finding other people who like to cooperate in a tank can be rather tedious as most of us have experienced already. Phrases like "Get the hell out of my tank" discourage many people to even try to team up in tank and rather go solo. We are a group of tankers who like to change that.

We encourage everyone who likes Team-Tanking to add the [TT] tag as a suffix to his ingame name, in order to make it as easy as possible to spot other cooperative Team-Tankers, who like to share their tanks for some teamplay. If someone has a preference for driving or gunning, he can use a [TT.d] for driver or [TT.g] for gunner. Please keep it at the end of your name, as it ain't no clan tag and shouldn't be confused with one.

Wearing a [TT] tag is a statement, that you are willing to cooperate and communicate with your driver/gunner for the greater goods of your tank and your team. And of course to have fun :-D

It does not mean your an expert tanker, but willing to learn to be one! And you will if you team up with us ;-)

So if you see anyone wearing the [TT] tag waiting in a tank at spawn, feel free to hop in and have fun playing as a tank crew. Just don't take the tank, go into ramming speed and head off to enemy spawn :)

See you on the battlefield. Preferably in my tank :)
I'll drive :)

cheech.ger[TT.d]

Upvote 0