• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

attention all TWI Forumites!!!

WiFiDi

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
in recent threads ive noticed the general displeasure in some of the things that you either missed from the old game or don't find realistic about the new one. well instead of just pouting about it why don't you take action band together and fix the wrongs twi has committed in making this game. by making an mod that fixes those wrongs and making them right. also i know plenty of people on the forums that are dissatisfied about the way the game is turning out know how to mod themselves.

1. allow bailing out of tanks to join the fight :D.
2. add bullet jams (don't have to im just throwing ideas out there.)
3. removing the evil mkb42 from the game. make the ppsh have drums standard.
4. make it so there are no levels or unlocks make it all available at the beginning of the game.

the list goes on and on these are just a few ideas to get you started. ;)

are you serious about your complaints, are you willing to make a stand? or are you just gonna ***** and moan for the sake of doing so, then be unsatisfied and left wondering what if you listened to that no named guy on the forums, and made that mod? ;) are you going to prove that twi forumites have a spine and willing to take a stand for what they believe in this case realism? only time will tell i suppose. :)

may the great :IS2: be with us all. :cool:

1 is actually a smart decision i think - but i'm open to someone convincing me otherwise...
2 this an extra feature and it's supposed absence is not exactly a burning issue,so a bit irrelevant to the context of the thread.
3 well i'm sure servers will be able to force these choices/loadouts
4 i'm personally not into unlocks myself, but again, non ranked servers can cater for this.

i find your pitch to be somewhat hysterical, but maybe that's just me - i do agree with the sentiment that if you want to see certain features in games you should put in the hard graft of making it happen yourself thou - hence i have always believed tripwire can release whatever they want and as such haven't cared.
It's their living, financial commitment, etc.

A 'malcontent' mod? personally i'd rather see more maps, and let ppl vote with their mice by choosing certain servers.
When the game's up and running you'll soon see what's what.

Upvote 0
I would really hope that all this stuff would be possible via mutators and server settings. I guess it would be horrible for the player numbers if it had to be a separate mod =(. But if this is the only way, then I hope there will be something like this. More modding and more choice ftw!

thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiisssssssss

also - we need the laser tracers back :p

Upvote 0
me i can't wait for whatever twi puts out i more than welcome the stats the unlock system etc... there are a few things i wish they did differently but you can't win them all. then there's what seems to be a reasonably large group of you who are rather unhappy with the direction twi has gone. so what im saying is that maybe those people should get together and make those changes instead of moaning and groaning about it. that is the only way it will change not by complaining on the forums (they already said there ignoring it.) :cool:

Upvote 0
4. make it so there are no levels or unlocks make it all available at the beginning of the game.

1. The lack of bailing is illogical and there is no good reason for it.
3. In addition to the MkB 42, remove the MP40/II, the silenced revolver, AVT 40, and other similar gimmic/rare weapons as well.
4. Get rid of the troubled Hero and Unlock functions entirely. What is this Enemy Territory?

Upvote 0
1. The lack of bailing is illogical and there is no good reason for it.
3. In addition to the MkB 42, remove the MP40/II, the silenced revolver, AVT 40, and other similar gimmic/rare weapons as well.
4. Get rid of the troubled Hero and Unlock functions entirely. What is this Enemy Territory?

1. No its not illogical and if you had played RO1 for nearly as long as all those who know why its been removed you would not saying "There is no good reason for it"..

2. Why?..They can all be removed via server settings anyway..

4. Why?..Just because you don't like them does not mean everyone else will not or does not..And again these can be removed via server settings..

Jeez..Looks like you need to be doing a lot of reading to catch up on everything this game can and will do..:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
1. No its not illogical and if you had played RO1 for nearly as long as all those who know why its been removed you would not saying "There is no good reason for it"..

2. Why?..They can all be removed via server settings anyway..

4. Why?..Just because you don't like them does not mean everyone else will not or does not..And again these can be removed via server settings..

Jeez..Looks like you need to be doing a lot of reading to catch up on everything this game can and will do..:rolleyes:

sounds like butch is with me.

and regards the tank bailing thing - i agree it's as if the naysayers have no understanding at all.

Upvote 0
Well i do understand TWI's reasons for removing tank baling (ie: running away from the tank before the next shell hits and probably kills you), but i'm still dissapointed that it has been removed, not only is it unrealistic, but i just love shooting down the noobs who contribute nothing to their team or to the game by baling out just as you fire at them, tankers on foot hiding in the grass or the trees with just a pistol, are no threat to anybody,but whilst it seems like a major irritation to some people (TWI?), for myself i look on it as an opportunity to mow the cowards down with the mg.
So if somebody could make a small mutator that allows us to leave the tank to call in arty, scout ahead, take out the solitary sniper hiding in a cap zone,kill that pesky AT soldier hiding behind us,etc. etc. then i for one would welcome it.
Both DH and MN have systems where you have to open hatches before you can exit the tank, perhaps somebody could make a mutator based on that. :IS2:

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr Milkman
Upvote 0
in recent threads ive noticed the general displeasure in some of the things that you either missed from the old game or don't find realistic about the new one. well instead of just pouting about it why don't you take action band together and fix the wrongs twi has committed in making this game. by making an mod that fixes those wrongs and making them right. also i know plenty of people on the forums that are dissatisfied about the way the game is turning out know how to mod themselves.

the list goes on and on these are just a few ideas to get you started. ;)

are you serious about your complaints, are you willing to make a stand? or are you just gonna ***** and moan for the sake of doing so, then be unsatisfied and left wondering what if you listened to that no named guy on the forums, and made that mod? ;) are you going to prove that twi forumites have a spine and willing to take a stand for what they believe in this case realism? only time will tell i suppose. :)

may the great :IS2: be with us all. :cool:
WiFiDi
I think you went a bit overboard in your OP, (TWI are only doing what they think is right, theirs no need to castigate them for it) and it will only encourage the flamers and turn this perfectly legitimate request for a mod (which could have been worded a lot simpler), into another hate thread.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Both DH and MN have systems where you have to open hatches before you can exit the tank, perhaps somebody could make a mutator based on that. :IS2:

What he said... What happens when your tank is disabled and you've fallen behind the advance? Are you supposed to type "suicide" in console? Or can you repair tanks now?
Also I used to love jumping out of tanks and pistol whipping noobs with satchels to death... please don't take that away from me Tripwire :(

Upvote 0
What he said... What happens when your tank is disabled and you've fallen behind the advance? Are you supposed to type "suicide" in console? Or can you repair tanks now?
Also I used to love jumping out of tanks and pistol whipping noobs with satchels to death... please don't take that away from me Tripwire :(

Its too late,they already have taken that away from you, thats why a few of us would like a mut. that would put it back in, but in a more sensible way, the same as in DH and MN.

Upvote 0
What he said... What happens when your tank is disabled and you've fallen behind the advance? Are you supposed to type "suicide" in console?
well, yes. I mean neither yourself nor the tank would be taking furthur part in the battle in real life, so why should the tankers your are currently controlling do otherwise ( I say that because ppl accept that they are 'becoming' different soldiers when they respwn as infantry, so it's no different as tank crew either)

well this is probably as good a reason to remove the bailout option, alongside getting out to hide in capzones you can't get to with your tank.
I appreciate that a fully animated tank exit would mean you can't just appear in front of an enemy and surprise them - which is obviously an improvement - however it's been decided that thats a large amount of work for little return, and still risks many of the abuses that we have seen in RO.
The ability to exit a tank and scan the horizon from a ridge say is admittedly a loss if we see larger maps - but again understandably doesn't warrant the effort - at least from TwI's point of view.

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
I don't think anybody is asking TWI. to change their mind, or discuss their reasons for disallowing tank exiting, we already had those discussions on other parts of the forums.
Some of us would rather like be able to exit a tank (in a more reasonable manner than in RO) where and when it suits, to carry out the secondary roles of a tank commander's function. (as in RO)
If somebody could make such a mutator, i think a few people would welcome it.

Upvote 0

Pfff....yes, it is. The motivation "it's not funny to destroy an empty tank" is bull****, the one who needs to play here is you, play DH before leaving a comment on this argument. :)

Also, the "no bailing out" is illogical two times, because with the new realistic damage system will be very very very hard to don't kill any crew member before someone escapes the tank....

The only SERIOUS (and never mentioned) reason could be the fact that if 2 or more crew members survive, then you cannot control both when you're out of the tank....but i'm pretty sure that we can find a solution to this problem ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are good reasons to have tank bailing such as:
- being able to survive
- scout ahead on foot or perhaps better position your tank
- possibly some others

There are bad reasons as well such as:
- players jumping out acting as infantry
- players leaving tanks under fire just because (not counting fire or other real reasons) such as running in a building to try and cap it.
- players bailing tanks and then not being able to man other tanks at the spawn, thus depriving your team of manned tanks... like dead infantry becoming replacement infantry, dead/disabled tank crews become replacement tank crews.
- possibly other reasons as well.

They have been argued over in other threads. To say that there are no good or bad reasons either way means you are deliberately being ignorant or are not really informed.

TWI have given their reasons numerous times why they went with no tank bailing. There may be a small chance they look at bailing at a later date, but I wouldn't hold my breath... so if you want it, probably best to look at some sort of mod or mutator to allow it.

:D

Upvote 0
i don't think i worded my post right or you guys read it wrong, :rolleyes:

i don't have any personally have any complaints. but ive seen alot of forum guys that do. i also know i saw a nice chunk of those guys complaining about that stuff that know how to mod and can mod. so what i was saying was instead of sitting back and being complaining/worrying get together and group and when ro2 is released start modding for the game so its modded for hardcore gameplay like they want it. (that means mutators or even a full blown mod.) :)

i wasn't actually proposing ideas for a mod just ideas to get someone started as i don't want to make the mod so quit bashing my feuture list as its just brainstorming (giving ideas to someone who does), and not the point of this thread at all. the point of this thread is saying if you don't like it why not change it since you'll have the sdk. :):D

Upvote 0