• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

attachments

Manticore

Jul 19, 2009
why not have attachments for weapons! it would really enhance gameplay and give some whole new aspects to kf.

heres how it would most likely work. one would find or buy an attachment, then they could either drag and drop onto the weapon or they could click on the weapon which would bring up a "attach x" button beside the buy ammo button. each attachment would weigh about 1 block or maybe half a block. this could allow someone to have 1 pimped out gun or a couple worse guns.

some obvious attachments are,
several different scopes that replaces sharp aim

bayonet that replaces secondary and gives you a quick to use close combat attack!

flashlight on more weapons!(could be attached to body armor to give a shoulder lamp)

larger clips!

and more if you can think of them!

some of the attachments would obviously not work with some guns. like a scoped 9mm.

i like kogitsunes idea of attatchements being a random thing, like any weapons found on the ground will be modded making searching for weapons and exploring the map a good anti-camp feature, kinda reminds me of stalker XD i would kill so many allies to rob there guns and a attatchements like scopes. then again i like the cod4 style idea of getting attatchements/enhancements as rewards. so im torn...maybe having both? being able to mod weapons but also a chance of finding randomly modded weapons.

if it were to be implemented in a CoD4 style, i think that add-ons should be a reward for reaching a certain level with a perk, for example:
commando:
level 2-extended clip size
level 3-taped up magazines for AK and bullpup = faster reloading
level 4-red dot sight for AK
level 5-????? open to suggestions
sharp shooter
level 2-tracer rounds
level 3-laser sights for 9mm and handcannons
level 4-scope for winchester
level 5-?????
ect ect ect
these attatchements will be automaticly applied once someone reaches a certain level. the random generation of weapons with mixtures of addons will make it noob freindly as it means theres no one beign more advantage than others. of course people with high level perks would not go hunting for weapons if they already have pimped weapons making the adventure incentive dead...unless you could get strange variations and combinations in "wild" weapons ie cross class add-ons ie a AK with a acope and tracer ammo, or a bullpup with laser sights. well these are my 2 cents on the idea hope they are useful ;P

Upvote 0
I don't like the Call of Duty style stuff, as it's easy to exploit. The few flaws that have already been pointed out in it are just the tip of the iceberg. But attachments are a good idea.

Everything from Laser Sights (Good for Dual Pistols), to Extended Clip/Mag (Double normal ammo per clip, visibly bigger clip), to Flashlight Attachments, to Stabilizers (Lowers recoil, good for weapons like the AK).

You'd be beefing up a weapon at the price of making it both cost and weigh more, which would allow more of a 'personalized' feel to your arsenal.

Upvote 0
I like the idea of having basic weapon attachments, to personalize the experience abit. Besides it makes you feel that much more badass to have a customized rifle of some sort. After all, this is zombies and it's every man for himself and everyone would do what ever it took to survive out there!

It's a good idea as long as it's limited. Like 1-2 attachments for each gun, or some attachments that could be used on a number of weapons. Hi cap mags and pistol scopes would also be amazing ... further enhancing the fact that the sharpshooter covers those weapons. You could come up with attachments for pretty much all the weapons except melees, which would kind of leave Berserkers out in the cold.

Upvote 0
Giving weapon bonuses to Perks would be very nice, yes. Laser sights on the handguns for Sharp, Scope on the L.A.R. for Sharp etc.

But honestly I'd rather it be something you can just buy. It would freshen up the game a good bit and it wouldn't be a whole lot of work to edit the existing models.

I'd personally love a Lever Action Rifle with a scope, laser sight, and underside grenade launcher. :D

Upvote 0