• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ATI Users Still boned?

TheAngelKing

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 23, 2011
I've posted about a thousand times on this issue, and was really excited to see the "client optimization" in the patch notes.

However upon startup, the issue is still present. 260-300 FPS on the main menu.
15-30 FPS in game.

Quite a few people have not been able to play the Beta at all yet after trying ALL workarounds/help posts in the support section. People that have amazing high end rigs.

Why has this not been fixed yet?

Will we be able to play the game we pre-ordered at launch?

I would post my system specs or upload my dxdiag file if I thought it would help.(again) However nothing concrete has been told to us on this issue and quite frankly i'm inclined to believe that launch time is gonna roll around and I will be stuck with my head in the sand, or with the frustration this is causing the community my head might as well be up my ***.

I've posted about a thousand times on this issue, and was really excited to see the "client optimization" in the patch notes.

15-30 FPS in game.

Quite a few people have not been able to play the Beta at all yet after trying ALL workarounds/help posts in the support section. People that have amazing high end rigs.

I would post my system specs or upload my dxdiag file if I thought it would help.(again) However nothing concrete has been told to us on this issue and quite frankly i'm inclined to believe that launch time is gonna roll around and I will be stuck with my head in the sand, or with the frustration this is causing the community my head might as well be up my ***.

while in game open your console with ~ and type umbra culling and press enter, it should give you like 20 fps

Upvote 0
the 6990 is itself a dual gpu card, Afaik TWI is in contact with AMD about some problems the drivers have with the game. I'm running a 4870x2 2 gig and it runs buttery smooth.

Catalyst control updated within the last 30 ish hours ( or atleast I got a reminder within the last two days ), you could try updating your drivers just incase...

I wouldnt say this is ATI users are boned, just a few ATI based cards that have some issues with the game and its being worked on.

Upvote 0

15-30 FPS in game.

ive got

amd 1090t back edition
amd asus 6870
4gb gskill ram

No problems at all on my end on high settings 60-90 fps
on Ultra 40-60 fps

do you have FPS smoothing on?
What about hardware physics?

Upvote 0