• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ATI Users Still boned?

I've posted in about 5 different support threads. :D

That was all you needed to post, it explains why no one listens to you. Your jaws are flapping so much that you missed what was said. ;)

Hopefully you can learn a lesson from this and post bugs in the the support section, not the general discussion, realize that there are others that are posting the same issue in the correct forums, and that those issues are being worked on, posting here does nothing to promote your cause, it just makes you look like a whiny little *****.

Reactions: TheAngelKing
Upvote 0
Just because I live in GA, does not mean that I work for TWI... :p

that's not what he meant..... he's trying to say you're under their desk with yo ur mouth open... he's being an idiot basically. Saying you are a kiss arse.. Don't bother with him though.

If you live in GA and if you're having any performance issues you really should contact t hem and take your computer in to them, they are looking for people that have good pc's but bad performance so they can figure it out.

Reactions: TheAngelKing
Upvote 0
i5-2500K 3.5Ghz
8GB DDR3
2x HD6970~CF

Ultra settings without any config tweaks: 30-100fps (jumping all over the place which is not good)

Ultra settings with config tweaks: 70-100fps

With the tweaks, the game runs very good, im finally enjoying it for real for the first time and the game still looks good. I havent tried the Umbra Culling command in the config yet, gonna try that later and see if that changes anyhing. Anyway, if I were you guys, I would do some config tweaking. I used http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2094647

Good luck and have fun!

Edit: Oh btw, before you guys whine at me saying that this aint a fix blabla, I know that but it helps and you can actually play the game with the high performance you want. As long as I dont have to re-tweak the config files im happy with this one-time config tweak to get the performance I need.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ATI 6970 here.

Getting around 50 average on medium settings (1920x1200).
Gets crushed to 25-35 in smoke or large expansive areas.

Same.

Performance has gotten worse for me with each new patch. The game was quite playable at all high settings and some Ultra with the first version and now with all medium, ambient occlusion off, bloom off, and motion blur off I struggle to get 60 fps and frequently dip below 30. A 6970 should tear this game apart. In fact, this game was half the reason I bought this card, the other half being Battlefield 3. So much for that plan :(.

Upvote 0
Yeah so last night after the new patch/maps release my performance went way up from 25 fps to 38-40 fps in all the maps. Then, today I come home from work and download the latest (smallest yet) patch, and now I can't even get past 25 fps. Is it ping? Is it the newest update? I don't get it. I was so excited last night to finally play smoothly.

RUINED.

Upvote 0
This game is really starting to concern me. I have a powerful rig. 2 5850's in crossfire, x6 1090T AMD CPU, 8gb DDR3 RAM 2000Mhz, Creative Sound card etc.

I rarely get above 25fps. I average 15fps. This is getting ridiculous! The game is being released soon and it still runs as bad as the day the beta was released!

Not to mention the game lags to high heavens latency wise. I understand this might be server side, but I've seen bigger games do far better ping wise.

C'mon tripwire! You're better then this! :(

Upvote 0
that's not what he meant..... he's trying to say you're under their desk with yo ur mouth open... he's being an idiot basically. Saying you are a kiss arse.. Don't bother with him though.

If you live in GA and if you're having any performance issues you really should contact t hem and take your computer in to them, they are looking for people that have good pc's but bad performance so they can figure it out.

Thanks, I actually have already been in with my computer, had a chat with Yoshiro, and was taunted by a FSU fan. LOL

All kidding aside, they have been working very hard to find and isolate bugs and crashes, and for people to be posting in the wrong section of the forums does not get the issues pointed out or even brought to their attention.

The people that are ignoring the simplest of instructions (note the sticky at the top of the General forums) make sure that they are posting ideas, suggestions, bugs or information on the appropriate pages. When **** gets posted in the general section of the forums about problems it is sure to be ignored, and just makes you look like a troll.

Reactions: =GG= Mr Moe
Upvote 0
config tweaking, turning stuff off like bloom, high quality bloom, decals ect, can still run most the other settings on high or ultra, basiclly what the person a few posts up said.

Then perhaps you could stop posting nonsense like " ATI here, 90fps on ultra, games working great for me ".

You don't run anywhere near maxed out because you disable at least half of it with your tweaking.

Maxed out is everything at maximum, with nothing disabled. Try that and get back to us.

Upvote 0
Then perhaps you could stop posting nonsense like " ATI here, 90fps on ultra, games working great for me ".

You don't run anywhere near maxed out because you disable at least half of it with your tweaking.

Maxed out is everything at maximum, with nothing disabled. Try that and get back to us.

I agree, simply turning off stuff is not a fix.

I still don;t think it;s just AMDs. The game is kind of dinky all around.

SLI/CF definitely needs fixing, fast.

Upvote 0