• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ATI Users Still boned?

I play on Ultra everything. Disable Dynamic Shadows in the config and it makes a world of difference. I went from an average of 30FPS to an average of 60FPS.

And there's really no visual downside, other then no player shadows and static tree shadows. Definitely worth it.

Edit: Never mind, this doesn't help as much as I thought. Some maps still have terrible FPS even when I disable Dynamicshadows.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I play on Ultra everything. Disable Dynamic Shadows in the config and it makes a world of difference. I went from an average of 30FPS to an average of 60FPS.

And there's really no visual downside, other then no player shadows and static tree shadows. Definitely worth it.

Sounds pretty sweet. Can you please elaborate a bit to help me out? :)

I go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra2beta\ROGame\Config and see a bunch of config files, but where exactly should i be looking for the dynamic shadows variable?

Upvote 0
i get like 20-35 fps with mostly high settings.

I have...

AMD Phenom 2 Processor, Quad-Core @ 3.0ghz
4gb Ram
ATI Radeo HD5770, overclocked.
That's extremely close to my computer specifications & I get between 45 and 60 fps, pretty typically. Video here: [url]http://www.twitch.tv/snowyoak/b/293975151[/URL]

Who is the manufacturer of your graphic adapter? Mine is made by HIS.

Upvote 0
Just outa curiosity...
does it matter what your settings are in CCC, as in should i have them all on "use application settings" or is it fine with "override"?
Asking as i know a game or two that makes a big difference in

For those settings best to have it enabled in one or the other, or may be conflicts.

Only thing i have disabled in CCC is Cataylst AI as it bugs up another game i use by making things invisible (Railworks). All the other options are on Appilcation mode, and manually set my cooling fan speeds.

Upvote 0
Sounds pretty sweet. Can you please elaborate a bit to help me out? :)

I go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\redorchestra2beta\ROGame\Config and see a bunch of config files, but where exactly should i be looking for the dynamic shadows variable?

Wrong Folder.

Search in C:\User\"Username"\Documents\MyGames\UnrealEngine3\ROGame\Config\ (not 100% sure if it is right, I have a German win7 and translated the folder names)

There you find the ROEngine.ini

Upvote 0
Yoshiro did respond in your other thread that they are working with AMD to get it fixed, but no final word yet on it.

Seriously though, if everything that is reported was quick to track down, duplicate the problem and the exact cause and then quick and easy to fix, I'm sure it would be done by now.

You don't seriously think they want to alienate such a large portion of players that use ATI/AMD cards, do you? And no, I'm not laughing or joking at the situation.

In any case, I'm sure it will be fixed although at this point it won't be fast enough for some people.

Upvote 0