• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

AT Gun Penetration abilities

k9mike

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 4, 2005
Texas
Ok, I know this has been brought up....So, dont flame me on this.
I just dont understand why there is not abit more ability to penetrate through cinder blocks and wood structures.:confused: It has the ability to penetrate minor armor, panzer glass, etc...why can someone behind cinder block wall not get injured/killed from obvious hits? If a .50 cal can punch a hole easily through cinder....god damn...this should have no prob.
Anyone else wonder about this? I know people are just goin to complain about its use on infantry and such...but that is what it was used for. Typically thats who they were shooting at in a tank, not to destroy it.(ie..kill occupants) I guess its not so destructive of an environment after all....anyone else?
Thanks,
Mike

I believe it would be RATHER unusuall, at least for Germans, spending much more expensive armor-piercing ammo to kill single soldiers behind a wall - especially if in most cases a HE would blow a large hole or just kill with detonation overpressure and do the job as well.

The AP ammo was often much more "precious" for crews- especially in periods of ammo shortage or resupply problems - you can fight infantry quite efficiently, as long, as you have MG ammo. But you are defendeless against a single enemy tank, after you spend your last AP shell.

Upvote 0
There are some outer walls and ledges that are probably impenetrable for gameplay purposes. Making them impenetrable (even against tank rounds, mind you) gives players a place to set up a front line and not have to worry about their cover being blown to pieces.

Is it realistic? Not really, but without certain pieces of solid cover, sustained firefights would be more or less impossible ~5 minutes into a match.

Upvote 0