• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Assorted bugs / feature requests

Except where noted, these were all on the Quest.

Code
-Unwanted controller models drawn over virtual hands
-Controller relative movement bugged until mission 1.2
-Need a prompt to disable all the "comfort" features at the very start of the game (or default it all to off)
-Enemies are sometimes invulnerable when they've just been revived
-Enemies sometimes flip status eg KOd to idling to KOd
-Positions of (virtual) robot hands don't align well with my own on the Touch controllers
-Guns all aim lower than expected (i.e. if I shut my eyes and aim what I think will be level, when I open my eyes, the virtual gun is actually aiming down by 10-20 degrees). It would be better if the default angle was a bit higher (and also if the player could adjust the aim angle in the options menu).
-Full physical gunstock calibration (exactly as in Contractor$) would be really cool
-You sometimes lose your guns when you walk through a door which triggers a load
-Replaying a challenge seems to reload the entire level taking several seconds when it should just reset enemy status and positions and be instant
-The "blink" when crouching/standing up is annoying and sometimes makes it harder to tell which state you're now in. An option to disable this would be good.
-Nav lines from throwing your magic stick thing don't always work
-Challenge stealth/hold-up 4 crashed once on restart (black screen, had to press oculus button, at which point game exited without me seeing an exit option)
-Espire vision trigger not 100% reliable even when energy full
-When holding a 2 handed weapon with both hands, you drop it if you release your grip with your dominant hand
-Your avatar is automatically moved backwards when leaning over a table or a railing. This is really annoying.
-Your hand shouldn't move through hand pads, instead once almost touching the pad it should be drawn matching the icon's position until withdrawn (as in Stormland)
-Haptic buzz when gripping a surface would be cool
-Turrets are no threat whatsoever, they need to fire faster/more accurately.
-Sometimes you can faintly see cloaked enemies, sometimes they're totally invisible, sometimes their gun is visible but not them, not sure why
-Scripting for mission 1.6 is pretty janky. On the Quest I completed every other sub mission (except for losing a couple of hostages) but when I got to the command center, killed the guy with the red shoulder pad and accessed the control room with his keycard there's a handpad inside on a big box but pressing it did nothing. I then went back down the stairs to find my way apparently blocked by the blast door although I was able to walk through it. I then fired it up on Rift S, completed a couple of the other 1.6 missions then tried the command center again with the same result (the handpad on the big box does nothing). This time, however, when I tried to go downstairs I wasn't able to walk through the shut blast door so I was stuck in the command center. I then quit the game and restarted the mission and this time pressing the keypad in the control room worked and triggered the ending.

2d art
-Option to remove shaded side panel crouching blinkers (on Rift)
-Option to remove pointless immersion killing hud lines

-Reduce the size of health and energy bars to a third of current & add option to move to corners of vision
-When you have 100% health or energy, the corrseponding bar should disappear entirely
-The menu should appear on the wall nearest your current view direction instead of often being behind you (at least when playing standing on Quest)
-The initial loading screen with the big E has really blocky "loading" text
-The other loading screen with the face picture displays twice, the second time at ground level
-When the story is interrupted for some forced challenges, it's not clear which ones you need to complete due to padlocks and non obvious border colours, perhaps these would be better as black for "locked", red for "need to complete but not done so yet", green for "completed", accompanied by a voice message telling you to complete all those with red borders.

3d art
-Holosight crosshairs should be drawn further away/ at depth of target not ~1m from gun
-Red dot in one of the silenced pistols is far too big
-A couple of times I've seen what looked like a plane of dark circles arranged touching in a grid pattern on a pale blue background, visible through parts of my hands
-The red blobs for enemies when Espire vision is on block sight markings/crosshairs/red dots on guns making it very hard to aim at a particular spot on an enemy until Espire vision wears off
-On one occasion, the bald dude with the red shoulderpad had a misplaced vert leading to a spike coming out of his wrist (after killing him)
-Lasers are too easy to spot on Quest relative to Rift

Animation
-Proper hand grip animations on ladder rungs and cables would be nice

Environmental art
-The rocky ceiling above you disappears near the bottom of the ramp at the start of 1.6 (after the body with the keycard but before you get to the room with the drones)
-In challenge Combat-Take-Down 3, there's z fighting on the wall by the light on the right at spawn
-Fire extinguishers in control center (room with hologlobe) partially embedded in walls (on Quest)
-If you look into the control holo globe room from outside (through the window nearest the base of the stairs leading to the top level) you see a weird low poly untextured version
-It would be nice to have more environmental clues relating to where you need to go e.g. signs above every airlock/elevator door saying "To basement level 1: Storage" etc.

Sound
-The "Mary says" stuff when you sustain damage gets old very fast. There should be a few variants which play the first few times you sustain damage during your first playthrough of the first mission, then maybe only the first couple of times you sustain severe damage in the second mission, then never again after that.
-The volume of your footsteps are far too loud. If you actually made that much noise IRL, everybody within 200 yards would immediately hear it. The fact that they're so loud but every guard doesn't immediately come running makes them seem deaf/stupid.
-When voice commands are working they seem to work fine (on first or second try), but sometimes the game doesn't seem to be listening at all and saying a command dozens of times doesn't work.
-Sometimes turrets continue to play their moving noise even after they've been disabled

Story
-If it was ever explained why I'm the one controlling the robot, it didn't sink in
-Stealth games are inherently ridiculous because in order to make them work as games, the behaviour of the enemies has to be totally unrealistic (e.g. giving up the search for intruders seconds after discovering a corpse). It might be better to lean into this a bit more in the dialogue, for example:
Senior Guard (30 seconds after discovering corpse): "Alright everybody, stand down"
Junior guard; "But we only discovered that body 30 seconds ago"
Senior Guard; "Eh, it was only Dave, I never liked him anyway" or "It was probably natural causes, he'd been looking a bit peaky lately" or "Command have said we have to cut down on overtime until the of the month" etc etc.
-The switch to challenges mid campaign is jarring and not well explained (is this a flashback to training or happening now?)
-The ending feels less like setting things up for a sequel and more like there were supposed to be several missions after it which were cut from the release version

Level/Mission Design
-Combat/Take Down 04 is fun but insanely hard relative to all the other challenges due to the combination of too little time, instant failure if you're spotted, enemies waking up after being shot, very little usable ammo, and the sheer number of enemies including several which, due to their armour, are extremely hard to reliably take down silently with anything other than your repair tool.

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for your detailed bugs and feature requests.
We're making sure all are added to our task list. Since launch, we've released 3 patches that fix a lot of these.

Below are the bugs from your list that are fixed as of patch 1.3 (Released Dec 10th, 2019)

Code
-Unwanted controller models drawn over virtual hands
-Controller relative movement bugged until mission 1.2
-Need a prompt to disable all the "comfort" features at the very start of the game (or default it all to off)
-Enemies are sometimes invulnerable when they've just been revived
-Enemies sometimes flip status eg KOd to idling to KOd
-Positions of (virtual) robot hands don't align well with my own on the Touch controllers
-The "blink" when crouching/standing up is annoying and sometimes makes it harder to tell which state you're now in. An option to disable this would be good.

2d art
-Option to remove shaded side panel crouching blinkers (on Rift)
-Option to remove pointless immersion killing hud lines

Sound
-The "Mary says" stuff when you sustain damage gets old very fast. There should be a few variants which play the first few times you sustain damage during your first playthrough of the first mission, then maybe only the first couple of times you sustain severe damage in the second mission, then never again after that.

Story
-If it was ever explained why I'm the one controlling the robot, it didn't sink in

Current tasks
We are currently working on an A.I update that will also include many gameplay improvements, some of which line up with your requests and bug reports. We're also working on a graphics update for Quest which will land on the same time.

In a future post i'll try to write some comments to some of your specific feature requests. There's a few in there that are currently out of scope for the game, but things we'd love to include in a sequel. The rest are being worked on now, or are now added to our task list for the next patch. OK, im getting back to work!

Upvote 0