• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

As A Customer...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caernavon

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 8, 2021
I would just like to thank Tripwire for making clear that John Gibson's statement (which has been extensively reported on by the media) was repugnant. Yes, I know there are plenty of threads discussing this issue already, but I feel it's important to recognize Tripwire's response to the controversy.

The law passed by Texas which elicited Gibson's commentary is almost certainly a flagrant violation of the Constitution. It is also appalling in that the law seeks to remove entirely the right of women to make their own decisions regarding their own health care. I applaud the fact that Tripwire reacted quickly to the controversy, and that they clearly felt that it was impossible for Gibson to retain his position.

Some would say that this was 'censorship' of Gibson's viewpoint. I disagree. A CEO is often the public face of a company, and is therefore held to a higher standard than an average employee. Gibson was perfectly free to speak his mind on the subject, as horrifying as his opinion is. But there's nothing in the law that requires Tripwire to keep him on the payroll if he says something that is detrimental to the company's mission. If being held responsible by one's employer for public comments is unappealing, then one should find another job other than CEO.

So thank you, Tripwire, for taking a stand. As one of your customers, I appreciate it.

Reactions: Arcames
Abortion is not Healthcare also no where in the constitution does it say abortion is a right. But by what you are saying is that opinions better match how you feel then its okay. If not then you are a bad person and must be canceled. The leftist mob is the cause of this mess because when it comes to murdering unborn babies it's my body my choice. But if you are pro life and don't believe in abortion then you must be taken out.

So much for inclusion huh, better tow that leftist liberal ways and thoughts but if your opinions are not the same then off with your head. How much you wanna bet that if Gibson would have came out and said that he was against the Texas law and was pro baby killer you and people like you would be bowing down to him praising Gibson on his stand.

I support having differing view points and support debate. But you leftist liberal mobs wants it to be one way and one way only, your way period.

Oh by the way I am pro choice. I do not have the right to dictate to another person on their body. No one has that right. But you continue with the lies you just spewed out.

Upvote 0
The only thing John did wrong was speaking from a company standpoint. He ought have taken it to the Board first and talked to the directors and or shareholders if they felt the same way and if it is a company announcement. If on his own Twitter account with not mentioning tripwire its no issue.
If the Board supported him, but the employees felt different.. bad luck.. go make your own Game production house with Abortion Black jack and hookers..
Seems like the Board was not given notice of this.. John is probably the largest shareholder as well id hazard a guess.. but just reading between the lines.

Upvote 0
I'm not defending the Texas law but I am defending Gibsons opinion and view of life. I will also defend the rights of a person to have control of their own body. If you are pro life then so be it just like if you support abortion. I am pro choice.

What I find wrong here is that Gibson had better tow that leftist liberal pro abortion views or else. That is what a this mess is about. It was because Gibson was pro life and only pro life. Since he didn't support abortion then he had to go.

Upvote 0
Abortion is not Healthcare also no where in the constitution does it say abortion is a right. But by what you are saying is that opinions better match how you feel then its okay. If not then you are a bad person and must be canceled. The leftist mob is the cause of this mess because when it comes to murdering unborn babies it's my body my choice. But if you are pro life and don't believe in abortion then you must be taken out.

So much for inclusion huh, better tow that leftist liberal ways and thoughts but if your opinions are not the same then off with your head. How much you wanna bet that if Gibson would have came out and said that he was against the Texas law and was pro baby killer you and people like you would be bowing down to him praising Gibson on his stand.

I support having differing view points and support debate. But you leftist liberal mobs wants it to be one way and one way only, your way period.

Oh by the way I am pro choice. I do not have the right to dictate to another person on their body. No one has that right. But you continue with the lies you just spewed out.
Leftist liberal mob? Excuse me? First off, I didn't use the words 'liberal' or 'conservative' anywhere in my original commentary. And the 'leftist liberal mob' did not 'create this mess'. It wasn't the 'leftist liberal mob' that passed the Texas law. It wasn't the 'leftist liberal mob' that made Gibson's comment.

If you do not like abortion, that's fine. Don't have one. But don't go trying to ban it for everyone, as not everyone is going to share your personal moral compass. And most certainly not everybody shares the type of 'values' that are enshrined into the Texas law, which seems to be as inhumanly punitive as it was possible for the writers of the law to make it.

Furthermore, my original comment mentioned that Texas's action is illegal and unconstitutional. The Texas law directly violates Roe V Wade, which is an established legal precedent handed down by the Supreme Court and therefore is a part of Constitutional law. In addition, there are federal laws on the books that guarantee access to abortions. The Texas law directly violates those laws as well. Since federal law takes precedence over state law, Texas is also in violation on that angle.

Upvote 0
Leftist liberal mob? Excuse me? First off, I didn't use the words 'liberal' or 'conservative' anywhere in my original commentary. And the 'leftist liberal mob' did not 'create this mess'. It wasn't the 'leftist liberal mob' that passed the Texas law. It wasn't the 'leftist liberal mob' that made Gibson's comment.

If you do not like abortion, that's fine. Don't have one. But don't go trying to ban it for everyone, as not everyone is going to share your personal moral compass. And most certainly not everybody shares the type of 'values' that are enshrined into the Texas law, which seems to be as inhumanly punitive as it was possible for the writers of the law to make it.

Furthermore, my original comment mentioned that Texas's action is illegal and unconstitutional. The Texas law directly violates Roe V Wade, which is an established legal precedent handed down by the Supreme Court and therefore is a part of Constitutional law. In addition, there are federal laws on the books that guarantee access to abortions. The Texas law directly violates those laws as well. Since federal law takes precedence over state law, Texas is also in violation on that angle.
Lol haha oh by the way leftist liberal mob....

Upvote 0
Classic twisted mentality.
Government overreach - bad!
Cancelling and lynching of reputation - good!

Demonizing Gibson still didn't change the law btw, might want to work on that but you probably won't since the government isn't a single personality you can attack as a mob.

Regardless, give it a month, everyone will forget it when the next guy says something funny some social media ZED find offensive.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.