• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
  • Weve updated the Tripwire Privacy Notice under our Policies to be clearer about our use of customer information to come in line with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) rules that come into force today (25th May 2018). The following are highlights of our changes:

We've incorporated the relevant concepts from the GDPR including joining the EU and Swiss Privacy Shield framework. We've added explanations for why and how Tripwire processes customer data and the types of data that we process, as well as information about your data protection rights.

For more information about our privacy practices, please review the new Privacy Policy found here: https://tripwireinteractive.com/#/privacy-notice

Artist turns a dead pet into a helicopter?

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006

Just had to, couldn't help it...Funny thing is, the catZ looks like its having fun.
Sorry no spoilers here.

Last edited:

Gudenrath

FNG / Fresh Meat
Aug 23, 2011
Just had to, couldn't help it...Funny thing is, the catZ looks like its having fun.
Sorry no spoilers here.
Sorry to be the one to break it to you, but the cat is dead, it is incapable of having any feelings.

It is a great idea though.

slavek

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 4, 2006
UnrealEd: Viewport #1
If I can throw a can of tomato juice and some paint buckets on a white canvas and call it art, then I suppose this could be called art too. :rolleyes: Kinda sick though.

tixhal

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 6, 2011
Neuschwabenland
what a sicko... imagine your dead grandmother being turned into a toy like that. disgusting. reminds me of Gunter von Hagens (he kind of tries to make art with corpses), i once visited an exhibition of his, some stuff was really interesting (especially if you work in medicine, which i don't), some stuff was just plain desecration of corpses. the crossection of the bowels of a guy who died of constipation was a sight to behold though.:eek:
some of his "art" (nsfw i guess):
http://finn.peoples4life.de/unbenannt.html

Last edited:

Shadrach

Grizzled Veteran
May 2, 2006
Elitist Prick Ski Lodge
stian.freeshell.org
Why so serious Tix mate, humans do way, way sicker stuff to our furry and feathery friends on a daily basis in the name of efficient food production.

I dont think anyone would consider doing the same to a human, excepting the "art" of von Hagens. There is definitely a line to be crossed somewhere in the name of art, but this is far from doing that.

Cat surely don't mind... :D

tixhal

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 6, 2011
Neuschwabenland
sure, the cat doesn't mind. but still it's pretty sick... it's unethical and stating it's a tribute to the dead cat is just ridiculous. this "event" doesn't deserve the media attention it has drawn (stuff like this on the internet can be considered normal, but seeing a 3-minute report on so-called "news" on a less reputable tv station made me rage).

Nestor Makhno

FNG / Fresh Meat
Feb 25, 2006
Penryn, Cornwall
what a sicko... imagine your dead grandmother being turned into a toy like that. disgusting. reminds me of Gunter von Hagens (he kind of tries to make art with corpses), i once visited an exhibition of his, some stuff was really interesting (especially if you work in medicine, which i don't), some stuff was just plain desecration of corpses. the crossection of the bowels of a guy who died of constipation was a sight to behold though.:eek:
some of his "art" (nsfw i guess):
But he makes damn good ice cream ;)

Jun 20, 2011
Europe
Honestly I'm agreeing with tixhal here. And how does anyone come up with an idea to make a helicopter out of a cat? I did think about making a fur cap or mittens out of my dead cats fur, but not turn it into a helicopter!

fiftyone

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 6, 2006
Honestly I'm agreeing with tixhal here. And how does anyone come up with an idea to make a helicopter out of a cat? I did think about making a fur cap or mittens out of my dead cats fur, but not turn it into a helicopter!
Should have just skinned it and made a winter over coat for the next family cat.

tixhal

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 6, 2011
Neuschwabenland
Should have just skinned it and made a winter over coat for the next family cat.
^^ that would be useful, compared to a goddamn remote controlled helicopter.
since i was young our family had at least one cat (+ some half wild ones that chose to give birth to their young on our property and stuck around), i consider them part of the family. stuff like this is no way to honor a dead "family member" even if it is "just a pet".

Last edited: