• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Armored Beasts 2.065 (complete)+Tank Range

I'm sorry but what's the point of having Armored Beasts on an infantry only server?

Yeah, that's just stupid, combined arms is much more fun for infantry with the mutator on, because now satchels and panzerfausts require a little bit of skill and even grenades are useful against tanks again.

I'm infantry only for the most part and i love nothing more on a combined arms map than hearing someone rant and rave over VOIP because i threw a StG39 under his tank and the concussive force killed the crew.

Upvote 0
The benefit for running the AB mutator on infantry maps would be for maps with satchel objectives. With the reduced kill radius people would not be so inclined to use them like grenades.

Amazing ain't it Sich?? Yet the use of AB in an Infantry Only Server had to suffer from ridicule and be called "stupid". Absolutely amazing.

Upvote 0
Back the tank up... How do you use grenades against tanks in AB?

Be very lucky and pray for a stupid driver who's forgotten to close the hatch because he thinks "I'll be fine, i can't see any dangers yet!" Seriously, little bit of practice and it's easy to land a grenade in that hatch, it's just as effective as rifling the driver whilst his head's sticking out, but the AB mutator means that you've now got a chance, slim as it may be, to actually completely destroy the tank. I'll start taking demos again and if i get a lucky ambush on an unlucky tank i'll send you the file so you can see.

Upvote 0
Oh, well, ok... if you're that lucky as to put the nade into or near a stupidly open hatch, then it's ok (while I don't believe any tank crew was stupid enough as to go into the battle with an open hatch, I know there are enough players who do :D). From your first post I understood you meant to kill a tank -well, its crew- with a nade while the tank is in correct order of battle... :eek:

Upvote 0
Oh, well, ok... if you're that lucky as to put the nade into or near a stupidly open hatch, then it's ok (while I don't believe any tank crew was stupid enough as to go into the battle with an open hatch, I know there are enough players who do :D). From your first post I understood you meant to kill a tank -well, its crew- with a nade while the tank is in correct order of battle... :eek:

I think i might have done that once, but it was a really long throw, the tank was on fire and i couldn't see properly if the hatch was open or not, i just panicked, I like to think the hatches were closed and it was pure skill/luck, but it was probably an open hatch by the driver trying to see to escape.

Upvote 0
obviously, there must be a AB v2.70 around already, but why isn't it announced on this board?

i have a server on my list running v2.70, and i can't enter it with my mere 2.65.

it's a tragedy since i don't have any populated AB tank battle servers left in my region, i can't even play RO anymore (vanilla hurts once you've tried AB)!

all i have found is an AB server playing an infantry map.. meew

Upvote 0