• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Argh!! Spider Army!

They tend to enter the servers with a [TS]-tag which helps them identify other Team Spiders. That's my guess anyway.

The theory of a center point where they come from, spread out and built nets on the way is more plausible though, but what could that be? A cave maybe. Maybe they couldn't get out for a while because the entrence had collapsed but there were other insects trapped in there too to provide food. And now that they found an opening the grown spider colony marches out, eager to get away from their relevants just as every animal and human too...
It would be hella interesting to see what it looks like in there.

Upvote 0
Spiders lurk - that's their job.

They lurk evilly and occasionally scuttle.

Also evilly.

They only pretend to be our friends so they can infiltrate more deeply into human society, poised all the while to sink their venom-dripping fangs into our throats and suck away until we are all dried out husks dangling trapped in their webs.

THAT'S how friendly spiders are.

The bastards.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Once again, Charlie Brooker has some insight into the subject.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,2161326,00.html

That was great :)

I sympathize with arachnophobes although I dont have the same gut reactions as most. But it's in there alright, the fear.

When I was studying in Melbourne, spiders were a common occurence, and not the typical european tiny ones either. We had lots of these beauties:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huntsman_spider

Once in my flat I noticed a pretty big Huntsman on the ceiling, almost directly over my bed! I got out a soup plate, captured it, and then went to the window to throw it out. Stupidly I had not counted on the bugger hanging on to the plate (it *was* a spider after all)... then he started climbing out, me still holding the plate, seeing the legs making their way around the edge :eek:

I panicked and promtly dropped the plate, including spider, to the patio three floors down - smash!! Spider survided - cause when I went to pick up the pieces it was gone :D

Ever try vacuuming a spider? They usually get out of the bag and the next morning are back to where you found them :p

-S

Upvote 0
I will never forget seeing a spider crawl out of the plug hole after I (foolishly thought I) washed it away. From that day on all spiders I find are instantly crushed. Without mercy. Except the odd few I let live during the summer to see if they can win their lives back by actually killing flies.

Sadly, for the spiders, they do not excel at catching flies.

Upvote 0
Once, when I was a student, I was preparing a meal in a hall of residence kitchen when some japester ran in carrying a huge spider he'd found outside. Having made a couple of girls scream, he decided to lunge in my direction. Without even thinking, I swiped at his belly with a kitchen knife in a desperate bid to stave him off. The blade narrowly missed him, which was a shame, because it meant I had to spend the next half-hour listening to him self-righteously bleating about how I must be crazy and he was only having a laugh. I just shrugged. Don't startle someone with a knife in their hand unless you're prepared to face the consequences, moron. Next time I'll go for the eyes.

I personally would have swiped several times at anyone that pulled that sh*t on me.

Upvote 0
Girlie men :p

I used to be a bit of an arachnophobe but I learnt to live with them, I will still kill troublesome spiders or eject them from my premises but I don't have a gut fear of them.

This is also from a guy who has been bitten several times, I worked in a vineyard for a little while and that was spider city. Mostly golden orb spiders which are fairly passive but their bite can sting a bit. There was the odd one of these around though so you had to be careful, picture yourself getting your (bare) hands into a juvenile plant to trim it and finding a few of these buggers.

They're a big fact of life here though, Australia has a ridiculous range of spider species from small and poisonous to ginorous and harmless :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0