• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Area of Effect darts

oh now i see what you guys are talking about, never noticed those there before.
so if you get too many negatives, do you get banned?

oh wait it just says if someone likes the post, what a fairly useless feature.

yeah; I remember, one time someone tried to see how many red boxes they could get, and it was extremely impressive.

Upvote 0
Talking about green clouds , when a medic fired a load of darts in an area , then you I dunno , go up the stairs , you go back and you see a bunch of green clouds in the exact point where the medic fired them , strange bug happening since the MP7 was added.

This doesn't just happen with the MP7's cloud, it happens with melee weapon "dust" (when hitting walls), breaking door's "dust", Siren's scream etc. They can all be spotted afterwards sometimes (buggy, yes) if you didn't initially see them (like if you were around the corner when it just happened)

Anyway, speaking of an "AoE"-heal, why not have the M7A3 (or any other future medic-weapon) launch a dart/vial/whatever which also produces a minor AoE-healing cloud or something (wether it hits a target or not)? It could work like this:
1) Being "hit" by the aoe cloud heals the target by a lesser amount (like 50%), but has the benefit of the ability to hit multiple targets.
2) Being directly hit by this dart could heal the main target as normal (100%) or maybe even a tad more? (125%?)
3) This dart expends the whole 100 energy in its shot, and perhaps also recharges in a slower way.

Would this be balanced enough for a small aoe heal?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This doesn't just happen with the MP7's cloud, it happens with melee weapon "dust" (when hitting walls), breaking door's "dust", Siren's scream etc. They can all be spotted afterwards sometimes (buggy, yes) if you didn't initially see them (like if you were around the corner when it just happened)

Anyway, speaking of an "AoE"-heal, why not have the M7A3 (or any other future medic-weapon) launch a dart/vial/whatever which also produces a minor AoE-healing cloud or something (wether it hits a target or not)? It could work like this:
1) Being "hit" by the aoe cloud heals the target by a lesser amount (like 50%), but has the benefit of the ability to hit multiple targets.
2) Being directly hit by this dart could heal the main target as normal (100%) or maybe even a tad more? (125%?)
3) This dart expends the whole 100 energy in its shot, and perhaps also recharges in a slower way.

Would this be balanced enough for a small aoe heal?

Sounds fair enough. However i was aiming for the cloud for the Medic Shotgun idea, since it has a playstyle similar to shotguns and therefore overlaps a little more.

However the way you presented it makes me see that it's applicable to the M7. Good job on that :)

Upvote 0
If it's going to be AOE heal i'de rather have it work like the suggested medic shotgun heal or if it's going to be dart based,

a) having it like a super small, low velocity 40mm nade that needs to be arched to get any distance so you can't snipe with it or

b) a very short range spray or somehting.

Why not add that to ANOTHER weapon? :)

MP7 - Has longranged and quick-to-use healing darts
M7A3 - Has a energy-heavy but powerful ranged AoE-healing "thing" (might be some heavier object that requires a bit of an arc-aim, to reduce the max range a bit)
Medic Shottie - Has a very quick and powerful spray that can heal multiple targets, but lacks range and requires constant healing (opposed to the "fire and forget" darts of the other 2), but also heals your targets quicker when doing so.

Gives the Medic some healing diversity :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
These Medic weapon suggestions are all very well, but one thing people are forgetting is that, if implemented normally, more healing weapons means more total healing output. As you hopefully already know, the MP7M and Syringe have separate "ammo", so carrying both allows (almost) twice as frequent healing as carrying the Syringe alone. I'm not convinced the Medic needs any more weapons anyway, but supposing more were added, you'd have to make them either be mutually exclusive or share their charge in order for them to have any hope of being balanced. Keep that in mind.

Upvote 0
These Medic weapon suggestions are all very well, but one thing people are forgetting is that, if implemented normally, more healing weapons means more total healing output. As you hopefully already know, the MP7M and Syringe have separate "ammo", so carrying both allows (almost) twice as frequent healing as carrying the Syringe alone. I'm not convinced the Medic needs any more weapons anyway, but supposing more were added, you'd have to make them either be mutually exclusive or share their charge in order for them to have any hope of being balanced. Keep that in mind.

Ofc, ofc. I would say those 3 weapons could share their recharge, while the Syringe still remains individual.

Upvote 0