• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Area of Effect darts

Well I played 300+ hours since update with medic gun, and I never experienced it. And I am very active medic and doing crazy things. And it still register fine to me.

I think I got non-reg once or twice when playing on american servers with 150 ping. But I mostly play with 50- ping and doing fine.

Might be packet loss or something on your side.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There are reports that sometimes darts hit and emit a 'green cloud' but don't heal.
Never expirienced this myself, though.

Talking about green clouds , when a medic fired a load of darts in an area , then you I dunno , go up the stairs , you go back and you see a bunch of green clouds in the exact point where the medic fired them , strange bug happening since the MP7 was added.

Upvote 0
*Old Man Voice* You darn kids today and your dart spreads, your healing grenades and healing gas.

Why back in my day we didn't have no fancy Mpsevenums or level 6 perks. The syringes we had required you to be aiming directly at the target when the needle actually touched the skin.

You young whipper snappers don't know the meaning of "hitting the player directly".

Nah seriously, I feel the Medics job as a healer is already very spammy, and easy to do. I tend to find I can pump out heals very efficiently and its only really the instant frags that cause issue.

Giving the Medic a spread weapon would kill off the actual skill required to be a Medic, which given the way it used to be I already kinda miss.

Although there are those fake hits with the Mp7, they are almost always what I call "glancing blows". If you nail someone dead center then 99.9% of the time its fine, its quite managable if you keep practising with it, you'll start to get a feel for which darts will miss and which darts will hit.

Upvote 0
I'm just glad they (for the most part) fixed the false heal syringe bug, where you would go to heal someone and get within range to trigger the team heal action but because you were out of the range to actually heal it would waste 50 syringe, make you reload but no one was healed
they fixed this by making it so you couldn't trigger a team heal action without being within range to heal and adding "YOU HEALED NAME"

but "YOU HEALED NAME" only happens when you successfully complete a team heal
so if you shoot a med dart at a team mate, a green puff pops, and no "YOU HEALED NAME" appears it then the target didn't receive a heal..the new false heal

this happens a lot more than people think

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have had this happen thousands of times, I want to say it happens when the dart strikes the gun of the player or hits a player while jumping..but i'm not 100% sure

I've had it jumping as well, but also:

when i just clip their sides
when i aim over their shoulder
when i aim at their body and it hits their arm
when i aim at their body and it hits the backpack, which doesn't count as the body
when someone's hitbox just gets in the way of my aim

So, there's a multitude of reasons, and my suggestion is to match the hitbox with the skin; so it fills it out with something that counts healing when you hit the character.

Upvote 0
I have had this happen thousands of times, I want to say it happens when the dart strikes the gun of the player or hits a player while jumping..but i'm not 100% sure

Happened hundreds of times too. I've heard somewhere it has something to do with the engine coding but I'm not 100% sure so don't quote me on that.

Upvote 0