• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2D Art Are there any new skins even in use?

I've got a few things in store. The only issue is, of course, getting for players to properly receive the files from the server.

Now I remember PP had them thanks Sepp. They were cool. I was able to find some skins to use in my map. I think that in Dubrava_B2 the skins will be embeded directly in the map. See any problems with that?

Upvote 0
Plenty of problems. Just embedding the textures in to your MyLevel will cause problems as you still need to forward to the client all of the files which regulate the skin and new classes, so you will need to create a handful of scripts which are separate from your map. Maybe you might be able to go around that, I don't quite know, you'd have to talk to worluk. As it stands though, your best bet is to go with a separate texture package and separate script packages.

Upvote 0
the problem i see (or the part i wouldnt know how to handle) would be to reference the myLevel package in the code.
You have to set the "path" to the skin the PlayerRecordClass.
It probably can be done somehow, i wouldnt know how though :/
Also, packages aint much more hassle tbh if you set everything up correctly.

Upvote 0
I played a StalingradKessel about 2 weeks ago where all the Germans had white winter clothing skins.

Made the map a lot more challenging for both sides, cause the German skins were completly plain (not sure how detailed they were irl) so often it was hard to tell the difference at all at any decent range. Furthermore, whenever a German died, the model instead of falling dead, would just stop in their last position (must have been some animation bug) Really confusing when you kill a player, but they are still standing upright in midrun.

Upvote 0
upl files dont get auto downloaded when loading a map. So you have to put the files in the serverpackages which means that for all maps using custom textures you'd have to download all the upl files before ever being able to play any map and that is highly annoying sure you wont mind 3 files but if you get lots of maps you quickly have to download 15 of those files, even if youre just playing a stock map.

Upvote 0